Posted on: September 11, 2018
Company OverviewWe are Kerry. The Taste & Nutrition Company. We make products people enjoy and feel better about. And, we are growing. We need talented, passionate people who want to help us make the business better. People who expect better from themselves. People who care about delivering better for customers, their colleagues, the company and their own career. People who take pride in paving new paths to lead the business forward. We need great people who want to do great things. People like you, perhaps. If you are high energy, self-motivated, creative, collaborative, and enjoy executing against the demands of a fast-paced high growth organization, then consider joining our team to help drive your career and Kerry forward. Learn more and/or apply at www.kerry.com/careers Kerry is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics.Description and ResponsibilitiesThe Maintenance Technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site's business goals. The Maintenance Technician is part of a team responsible for supporting production and safely maintaining equipment used in the production, packaging and shipping of our food products in a plant and warehouse environment. In addition, the Maintenance Technician is also responsible for supporting the building facilities operations while meeting safety and GMP practices, environmental and regulatory requirements.
- Follow proper housekeeping and sanitary GMP procedures to prevent product contamination; use clean tools and utensils, and properly store or hang to prevent product contamination.
- Maintain proper appearance, i.e. uniform neat, clean, shirt tucked in. Always wear clean clothes. (No sleeveless shirts or short pants) clean hair net, beard net and gloves if necessary (changing frequently).
- Suggest methods for improving production or operating conditions.
- Work in a non-hazardous environment, with the possibility of minor dusting from the processing of food products is required.
- Ensure all equipment is operational and safe prior to turning back over to Production for use.
- Wear proper safety equipment to include but not limited to hearing, eye and hard toe shoes.
- Provide maintenance support to operations.
- Perform preventative maintenance as required.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical and mechanical problems throughout the operation to minimize downtime.
- Assist in the implementation of capital projects as required.
- Participate in the improvement of plant equipment and processes to maximize productivity of equipment.
- Train others on acquired/learned knowledge of equipment.
- Modify performance and operation of component parts and circuitry to specifications, using test equipment and precision instruments.
- Plan sequence of testing and calibration program for instruments and equipment according to blueprints, schematics, technical manuals, and other specifications.
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance of test apparatus and peripheral equipment.
- Confers with engineers, supervisor, and other technical workers to assist with equipment installation, maintenance, and repair techniques.
- Disassemble and reassemble instruments and equipment, using hand tools, and inspects instruments and equipment for defects.
- 3 years or more of maintenance experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and repair pneumatic control systems.
- Must be knowledgeable in operating and maintaining air compressors and air dryers.
- Must be able to install production equipment.
- Must be knowledgeable in the operating principles of steam, hydraulic, pneumatic systems and able to troubleshoot and repair their mechanical components.
- Must be able to read piping diagrams and identify the function of various components for air and water distributions systems.
- Must be able to perform basic plumbing repairs.
- Must be knowledgeable in programming Variable Frequency Drives (VFD's).
- Must be able to calibrate various instruments such as thermocouples, LEL meters, vacuum sensors, etc.
- Must be able to read electrical diagrams and identify individual components.
- Must be able to troubleshoot power distribution systems.
- Must have working knowledge of electrical testing equipment such as multimeter, megger, etc.
- Must be able to troubleshoot systems up to 480 volts with complicated electrical controls and wire 3 phase motors.
- Read, write and understand written and verbal instructions in the English language.
- Cautious and always safety conscience.
- Punctual and consistent attendance is a must.
- Flexible and available to work any shift or day to meet customer needs and production demands.
- A self-starter motivated by scheduled production requirements and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to perform several functions concurrently in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic mathematical skills required to included addition, subtraction and multiplication
- Able to use a calculator and typical administrative related tools such as copier, fax, computer, etc.
- Basic computer skills needed to include Excel knowledge.
- Able to climb ladders and withstand heights of 40' or more and have mobility in all areas of the plant, including confined spaces.
- Able to perform high intensity physical activity, to include lifting to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to perform automated equipment safety inspections, document findings in writing and take corrective actions.
- Must be knowledgeable in Welding safety practices and Hot-work Permit requirements.
- Must be knowledgeable in forklift and scissors lift safety.
- Must have working knowledge of OSHA, FDA and GMP requirements as they pertain to maintenance activities at a food processing facility.
- Able to work in a manufacturing non-climate control environment.
Keywords: Kerry, Lakeland , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Lakeland, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!