Service Technician 2
Company: GIW INDUSTRIES, INC.
Posted on: November 24, 2022
REPORTS TO: Service Center Operations Manager PURPOSE OF
POSITION: To disassemble, clean, inspect, and rebuild customer
rebuild-assemblies and GIW re-manufactured assemblies in compliance
of the Service Center's ISO (Excludes Canada) procedures. DUTIES
- Performs at a high standard in each area of responsibility with
a tenacious and determined approach
- Assists in operation and maintenance of equipment as required.
- Adheres to productivity metrics regarding efficiency.
- Reads and interprets Engineering drawings.
- Proficient in math calculations used for assembly.
- Ensures and mandates proper operation of all equipment.
- Ensures safe/correct lifting of parts in assembly.
- Monitors tool and equipment condition and maintenance status.
- Operates all assembly equipment as needed and instructed.
- Operates forklifts and cranes as needed.
- Familiar with all pump and bearing assembly parts.
- Ability to correctly use machine shop measurement instruments,
including micrometers, indicators, and scales.
- Locates and retrieves parts for pump assemblies.
- Prepares/cleans assembly parts with solvents and cleaners.
- Organizes parts for assembly.
- Assembles and tests units per procedures
- Moves materials and castings throughout the plant as directed.
- Keeps organized records as instructed.
- Performs tactical and strategic problem solving.
- Assists in implementation of department goals.
- Responsible for housekeeping on the respective shift and work
- Makes recommendation to supervisors and manager for
- Ensures proper supplies are readily available when needed.
- Compliant in all GIW procedures.
- Notifies QC and appropriate persons on non-conforming products.
- Ability to work independently, prioritizing per customer
- Able to make good, sound decisions - logical and analytical
- Proficient in all areas of Assembly.
- Ability to prepare and paint all parts and assemblies prior to
shipment per procedures.
- Prepares all assemblies for safe shipment and handling per
- Disassembles pump units for failure analysis and tabulate
- Inspects each individual pump component, documenting actual
dimensions as received.
- Works with inventory controller to locate and label all units
- Operates drills, grinders, milling machines, lathes, and other
equipment in the machine shop.
- Performs machine shop work as needed on customer rebuilds and
- Ensures safe, correct setup of machine tool fixtures and parts.
- Understands GD&T and engineering drawings
- Basic welding and fabrication skills
- Ability to train new employees
- Other duties within the employee's capability that may be
assigned by the Service Center Operations Manager. EDUCATION: High
school diploma or GED required. 2 year technical degree in
machining considered a plus. REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- General mechanical skills required (5-7 years minimum for
Thomson and Florida)
- Alberta or Redfield Journeyman Millwright Certification plus
5-7 years of experience (Canada)
- Intermediate machining background and fabrication skills
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in repairing/rotating
equipment (preferably with previous pump experience).
- Basic knowledge of vibration and laser alignment
- Basic field service experience
- Knowledge of gearboxes, turbines, mixers, and compressors
- Knowledge of suction pumps, single-stage pumps, multi-stage
pumps, split casing pumps, and vertical turbine pumps.
- General machine shop knowledge
- Must be able to work overtime on short notice when
- Able to use various types of hand and power tools
- Able to use various types of precision measuring tools
- Ability to read and interpret assembly drawings/OEM manuals and
disassembly and assembly procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret metric / imperial measuring
- Willing to pursue further education and training as needed
- Possesses good judgment and decision making skills
- Promotes safety and housekeeping at all times
- Adheres to Company guidelines, rules, and policies regarding
attendance, punctuality and safety.
- Willing to travel and perform field service calls for extended
periods as needed
- Basic computer literacy PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Depending upon
the particular needs of the area/department, physical requirements
may include, but are not limited to lifting up to 70 lbs. (Thomson
& Florida) and 50 lbs. (Canada), squatting, pulling, kneeling,
pushing, and bending. Must be able to wear a respirator to fulfill
painting responsibilities.GIW Industries, Inc. (A KSB Company) is
an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and
inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and
harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual
orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information,
pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by
federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all
employment practices within our organization, including hiring,
recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of
absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. GIW
Industries, Inc. (A KSB Company) makes hiring decisions based
solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Keywords: GIW INDUSTRIES, INC., Lakeland , Service Technician 2, Professions , Mulberry, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!