Material Handler - 2nd Shift
Company: Morgan Truck Body
Posted on: August 7, 2022
$2500 Sign-On Bonus! Hours: Monday - Thursday 2:00 PM - 12:30
AMEarn an additional $2.00/hr on 2nd Shift! $100 bonus for all
fully vaccinated new hires! COMPANY BACKGROUND:Morgan Corporation
is the largest manufacturer of medium duty freight and refrigerated
van and truck bodies in North America. Founded in 1952, as a small
welding shop in Morgantown, Pennsylvania, on the site where
Conestoga wagons were manufactured through the late 1800s, we have
experienced tremendous growth and continue to look for additional
expansion opportunities around the world. With a total of fourteen
manufacturing and six service facilities strategically located
across the U.S. and Canada, Morgan is able to provide the quality,
service, and prompt delivery our customers expect.A subsidiary of
J.B. Poindexter, a privately held diversified manufacturing
company, Morgan Corporation offers a vast variety of career
opportunities, internally as well as within the J.B. Poindexter
family of companies. We offer competitive salaries and progressive
benefits including health, dental, vision, life insurance,
disability plans, 401K, paid time off, tuition reimbursement and
more. We pride ourselves in team member development, performance,
recognition, and a culture of diversity and respect. Whether you
are taking the next step of your career or just beginning, joining
Morgan's winning team means being part of a great home away from
home. You will be challenged. You will be proud.Our generous
benefits include paid vacation and holidays, Medical, Dental,
Vision, and 401k with company match as well as many others! Job
- Delivers parts and equipment to customers, satellite stores,
wholesale accounts, and vendors
- Pick and stage materials for upcoming deliveries
- Handles basic maintenance of delivery truck including filling
tank with gas, checking oil, keeping it clean and making sure
required inspections are performed.
- Operate a fork lift following company safety regulations.
- Work required schedule including overtime.
- Record written information or product and any movement.
- Keep log book up to date.
- Utilize transaction control sheet.
- Use Banding Equipment.
- Properly identify part numbers.
- Collaborate with Parts & Service Lead and Supervisor(s) on the
timely staging of materials for on-site pickup orders and delivery
- Collaborate with manufacturing personnel for accurate transfer
of materials to service inventory.
- Flex within functional areas as needed.
- Perform other duties as required by management.Minimum
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Current and valid state issued driver's license
- Computer literate with intermediate level for Excel and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized, Detail oriented and self-motivated.
- Prior forklift experience preferred.
- Must safely operate forklift/straddle lift within areas of the
- Must comply with truck and trailer safety policies within the
work area and throughout the company.
- Must be ability to read a tape measure.
- Understand and comprehend measurements and have the ability to
apply based on instruction.
- Must properly handle of all products/parts to include but not
limited to customer units including flat-bed carry out, FRP's, and
- Work required schedule including overtime.
- Work with little or no supervision.
- Must be able to drive up to a 28ft box truck or flat-bed and
operate flat-bed stake racks.
- Including tarping and untarping loads
- Must actively participate and support Poindexter Production
System (PPS); 5's, Lean, TPM, and other Continuous Improvement
- Prior Shipping and Receiving experience
- CDL license is not needed but is a plus
- Fork lift certified
- Dot medical card Physical Requirements:This job operates in a
manufacturing plant environment. While performing the duties of
this job, the team member is regularly required to talk or hear.
The team member frequently is required to stand (sometimes for
extended periods); walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and
reach with hands and arms, and lift up to 35 pounds. The team
member may, at times, sit, bend, stoop, squat, reach overhead, or
crawl (may be in confined spaces). The team member is expected to
perform repetitive tasks using their hands, and have the ability to
climb ladders and/or work in high places. J.B. Poindexter & Co.,
Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of
employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion,
termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,
compensation and training. #LI-TK1PandoLogic. Keywords: Material
Handler, Location: Lakeland, FL - 33806
Keywords: Morgan Truck Body, Lakeland , Material Handler - 2nd Shift, Professions , Lakeland, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!