PLANS EXAMINER/CODE INSPECTOR
Company: City of Plant City
Location: Plant City
Posted on: June 26, 2022
PAY RANGE: $25.88-$41.78/HRPosition Summary:The Plans Examiner /
Code Inspector verifies that plans submitted for projects meet the
current codes and ordinances that are in effect at the present
time, including both residential and commercial projects. Visits
job sites and ensures that all projects are being constructed per
codes, laws and ordinances. Confers with and advises building
contractors, engineers, architects and others regarding building
code compliance issues.Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The
following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission
of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the
position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment
to the position.
- Reviews plans and inspects buildings to ensure code
- Meets with contractors, engineers, architects and others
regarding construction issues.
- Researched information in the municipal archives upon request
of public officials and private citizens.Minimum Qualifications: To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to carry
out each essential duty or responsibility satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skills, and abilities; education and/or experience; and
certificates or licenses required in order to fill the position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of the
job.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Building, mechanical, plumbing and the electrical
trade procedures, material and practices.
- Knowledge of all aspects of construction methods and
- Ability to gain knowledge of the building codes in operation in
- Ability to gain knowledge of ordinances relating to
construction and inspections.
- Ability to read, interpret and work from construction plans,
blueprints and ordinances.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with other
employees, contractors and general public.Education and Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of an
acceptable equivalency diploma.
- Five (5) years of experience in trades as a Building Trade
inspector, builder, engineer, architect, superintendent, foreman or
competent mechanic in charge of construction.Certificates and
- ICC/State certified Plans Examiners license.
- ICC/State certified Building Inspectors license.
- FEMA IS-00100; FEMA IS-00200; FEMA IS-00700Environmental
Conditions:N/ASupervisory Responsibilities:N/AEssential Physical
Abilities:Code: Constant = 2/3 or more of the time Frequent = from
1/3 to 2/3 of the time Occasional = up to 1/3 of the time N/A = Not
applicablePhysical SkillsConstantFrequentOccasionalN/AHeavy lifting
(45 lbs. and over)XModerate lifting (15 to 44 lbs.)XLight lifting
(under 15 lbs.)XHeavy carrying (45 lbs. and over)XModerate carrying
(14 to 44 lbs.)XLight carrying (under 15 lbs.)XReaching above
shoulderXUse of fingersXBoth hands required_XClimbing (use of legs
and arms)XClimbing (legs only)XGood near visionXGood distant
visionXBoth eyes requiredXDepth perceptionXDistinguishing basic
colorsXDistinguishing shades of colorsXGood hearing (with or
without hearing aid)XStraight pullingXPulling hand over
(cars, small vans, pick-ups, etc.)XDriving & operating (heavy
equip., trucks, etc.)XOther
Keywords: City of Plant City, Lakeland , PLANS EXAMINER/CODE INSPECTOR, Professions , Plant City, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!