2960 - Environmental Services Technician
Company: Surterra Wellness
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Location: Lakeland, FL (Cultivation &
Production)PARALLELEveryone is welcome here. Each of us is unique,
and that's what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and
celebrating each person's individuality, because there's power in
bringing people with different points of view and life experiences
together. That's why we provide equal employment opportunities
(EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color,
religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry,
physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual
orientation.So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel
safe and comfortable being ourselves, there's no limit to what we
can achieve.IN A NUTSHELL...The Environmental Services Technician
is responsible for day-to-day custodial and disposal work at the
cultivation facility.This role is with Insert Brand, one of the
renowned retail brands under the Parallel umbrella. Parallel is one
of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning
and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness),
Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The
Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy
companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging
themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard,
lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious
vision ... pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for
all people, everywhere. For more information, visit
www.liveparallel.com. WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Follow Parallel Policies & Procedures for the daily operations
and fully comply with state medical marijuana regulations.
- Safely uses and stores cleaning materials ensuring they are
- Disposes of cannabis waste properly.
- Performs cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, vacuuming
rugs, washing walls and glass, emptying trash receptacles, and
replace lining of trash cans.
- Cleans & services restrooms with mops and disinfectants.
- Restocks supplies.
- Notifies Facilities Management of any necessary repairs.
- Monitors building security and safety by performing tasks
including locking doors after operating hours and checking
electrical appliance use to ensure hazards are not
created.EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOU'LL BRINGRequired
- Age 21 or over
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID Preferred
- 0-2 Years of experience in Custodial and/or Environmental
- Ability to calculate and document weight and percentage
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Takes initiative to perform task and is self-motivated.
- Knowledge of proper PPE practices.
- Attentiveness and detail oriented.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs. unassisted and up to 80lbs
- Hand and eye coordination with extreme attention to
- Exposure to greenhouse environments that exceed temperatures of
100 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Must be able to stand, squat, and kneel for long periods of
time in small spaces that can be high in heat, high in humidity,
wet or dry.
- Exposure to water during the duration of the shift is common
with cannabis growing environments.YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOU...
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn't fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important,
but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a
- Think creatively; sometimes, the "traditional" solution isn't
the best oneWHAT YOU GET
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k
with possibility of a company match, access to company-sponsored
- Personal growth; industry-leading leadership and professional
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave,
flexible work arrangements
- Belonging and voice; employee resource groups, product advisory
councils, monthly opportunities to share feedback and discuss your
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community
volunteerism through our Parallel Cares program
- Equity opportunity; ability to share in both the short-term and
the long-term financial success of Parallel
- Employee discountPARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, &
VALUESOur Vision - why we exist - is to pioneer well-being and
improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of
cannabinoids.Our Mission - how we will do this - is to build a
leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our
values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based
innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous
improvement.Our Values - Integrity - Collaboration - Alignment -
Intentionality - Accountability - AgilityWe are an Equal
Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees'
differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity
or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental
ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation,
socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics
that make our employees unique.DISCLAIMERParallel reserves the
right to change or assign other duties to this job description.
Your employment with Parallel is a voluntary one and is subject to
termination by you or Parallel at will, with or without cause, and
with or without notice, at any time. Nothing in this document shall
be interpreted to be in conflict with or to eliminate or modify in
any way the employment-at-will status of Parallel
associates.PandoLogic. Keywords: Sanitation Worker, Location:
Lakeland, FL - 33806
Keywords: Surterra Wellness, Lakeland , 2960 - Environmental Services Technician, Professions , Lakeland, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!