Posted on: April 10, 2021
Publix Super Markets, Inc. is the largest privately-owned food
retailer in the nation with more than 1,200 stores and more than
200,000 associates throughout the Southeast. We are
associate-owned, proud of our family atmosphere, and consistently
named as one of the best companies to work for in America. We are
largely debt-free and renowned for our financial performance as
well as our premier customer service. Publixs Information Services
(I/S) department is located in Lakeland, Florida and Alpharetta,
Georgia and employs over 1000 associates. I/S provides the
information technology required for all Publix business units
including retail stores and all office and warehouse environments.
The Publix I/S mission is to maximize the value of information
technology to Publix associates and customers. You will be joining
the Publix Architecture team to enable the transformation of our
Cloud development and operations practices. The Cloud Architect
should know the relevant technologies, understand the relationship
between those technologies, the cost implications of cloud
resources, and how they can be integrated and combined to promote
sound cloud designed workloads effectively. This individual can
design large-scale cloud architectures and understand relevant
cloud services, with a solid understanding of consumption-based
usage to determine appropriate resource configurations to use. The
Cloud Architect must effectively address information governance and
security challenges associated with running workloads on public
- Demonstrate deep subject matter leadership of cloud
architecture and implementation features (OS, multi-tenancy,
virtualization, orchestration, elastic scalability)
- Manage the development and implementation of cloud strategy,
develop the architecture governance framework, and define
- Define, implement, and enforce the cloud operating environment,
cloud standards, and associated tools/platforms/frameworks
- Contribute to the Publix cloud road map and delivery strategy
for cloud and hybrid implementations.
- Define and enforce Cloud architecture best practices:
availability, redundancy schemes, performance, Disaster Recovery,
data, and integration patterns.
- Recommend cost optimizations and ensure cloud resources are
operating as efficiently as possible.
- Deep dive into reliability issues and partner with developers
to produce and roll out fixes with long-term solutions where
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert to the organization for
end-to-end cloud architecture, including networking, provisioning,
- Develop a library of deployable and documented cloud design
patterns based on the organizations application portfolio as a
basis for deploying services to the cloud.
- Act as the coach and mentor to team members, including
mentoring on cloud standards, frameworks, etc., as well as will be
a vital enabler of the organization's cultural change for cloud
- Lead the definition and development of cloud reference
architecture and management systems.
- Manage and appropriately escalate delivery roadblocks, risks,
issues, and challenges.
- Validate the effectiveness of resources once they go-live by
measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system
- Troubleshoot issues across the entire stack: IaaS, PaaS,
services, applications, network, and security.
- Identify recurring problems/bottlenecks and build the tools and
processes to prevent problems from recurring.
- Collaborate with Architecture, Development, Engineering, and
Security teams to ensure well-architected cloud solutions.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related analytical
field or equivalent experience is preferred
- Must have 5 years of experience in design and implementation of
cloud workloads in Azure, AWS, P
- Minimum of 8 years of architecture experience
- Minimum of 8 years of experience supporting multi-tier web
- Minimum of 5 years of experience handling workloads in
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working exclusively designing
and implementing cloud-native workloads.
- Track record of successful practical problem solving, excellent
written and social communication, and documentation skills.
- Experience with analyzing and defining technical requirements &
- Proven ability to write programs using an object-oriented or
functional programming language such as C#/.NET, Java, Python,
Node, or Go.
- Experience with database design with both relational and
document-based database systems
- Experience with integrating complex multi-tier
- Experience with API design and development.
- Experience with application lifecycle tools (Git, GitHub,
Jenkins, Bamboo, Azure DevOps, Ansible, Terraform, etc.).
- Experience with cloud networking and network security,
including virtual networks, network security groups, cloud-native
- Must have the ability to demonstrate recent experience
developing software that is deployed to the cloud.
- Able to demonstrate writing shell scripts (Bash, PowerShell, or
- Have a sound understanding of standard networking protocols
such as HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP, and advanced load balancing.
- Must have practical knowledge of application security.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional OR Azure
Solutions Architect Expert
- Have recent experience supporting a hybrid cloud
- Have previous experience with containerization technologies
such as Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Recent experience working with database technologies hosted in
the cloud such as SQL Server, MySQL, or Postgres.
- Have recent experience with Azure Cosmos DB, MongoDB, or
- Have passed one or more Azure certification exams.
- Have recent experience with Azure DevOps or other continuous
- Have recent experience with big data clustering technologies
(Hadoop, Spark, HDInsight, EMR, etc.).
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to
associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
- Group dental plan
- Group vision plan
- Sick pay
- Long-term disability insurance
- Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death &
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vacation pay
- Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a
- Paycheck direct deposit
- Credit union
- Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on
computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
- 6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays
with their managers approval: New Years Day, Memorial Day, Fourth
of July, and Labor Day). - provided by Dice
Keywords: Publix, Lakeland , Cloud Architect, Professions , Lakeland, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!