Company: Republic Services
Posted on: November 10, 2019
POSITION SUMMARY: The Forklift Operator is responsible for the safe
operation of the forklift. For the purpose of stacking material,
loading of trailers, and emptying full containers throughout the
facility in an efficient and safe manner.
- Perform pre- and post-operation inspection of the equipment in
accordance with Company policy to ensure windows, lights, mirrors
are clean, and equipment is in proper operating condition.
- Reports to shift supervisor for daily work assignments.
- Responsible for loading of trailers safely and
- Responsible for organizing material in the warehouse.
- Coordinates with supervisor to empty full containers and trash
bins throughout the day in and around the facility.
- Continuously monitor the condition of the equipment to ensure
it is operationally ready at all times to minimize down time.
- Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
- Must complete and pass OSHA's requirements for forklift
certification (powered industrial truck) training as set forth in
29 CFR 1910.178.
- Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer
expectations; acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative
manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of
honesty and trustworthiness.
- Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities
are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
- Good follow through ability; ability to adhere to work schedule
and follows through on challenges as they arise.
- Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth;
promotes the Company?s safety standards; does not take
- High School diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 1 year of prior related experience in forklift
- Minimum 1 year of prior experience working at sites regulated
by OSHA.Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this
position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an
incumbent so classified.-- Furthermore, they do not establish a
contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion
of the Company.
Republic Services, Inc. is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and
waste services. Through its subsidiaries, Republic---s collection
companies, transfer stations, recycling centers and landfills focus
on providing reliable environmental services and solutions for 14
million commercial, industrial, municipal and residential
customers.Each day, Republic empowers more than 31,000 exceptional
employees to do their best work. The Company takes pride in the
commitment to the safety of employees and communities; customer
engagement; environmental stewardship and sustainable practices;
community involvement, and innovation in all aspects of its
business operations. Republic strives to be an employer of choice
for top talent and works to create and maintain an environment that
attracts, develops and retains people who are aligned to serve
customers and preserve the planet.
Keywords: Republic Services, Lakeland , Forklift Operator-MRF, Other , Lakeland, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!