Respiratory Therapist - RT
Company: Apria Healthcare
Posted on: October 10, 2019
With over 300 locations across the US, Apria Healthcare's mission
is to improve the quality of life for our 1.8 million patients at
home by providing home respiratory services and select medical
equipment to help them sleep better, breathe better, heal faster,
and thrive longer. Additional information can be found at --JOB
SUMMARY--Assists in the treatment and management of patients with
clinical needs.--ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides instruction to patients and/or caregivers on the
proper use of equipment and/or respiratory care procedures.--
- Ensures patients and/or caregivers can effectively operate and
maintain equipment. Performs clinical assessments and tests such as
pulse oximetry, ETCO2, spirometry, and vital signs.----
- Responsible for routine patient follow-up contacts based on
- May need to perform on-call duties as needed.
- Provides and operates various types of respiratory care
equipment including but not limited to oxygen therapy, nebulization
therapy, apnea monitoring, suctioning, PAP, invasive and
- Inspects and tests equipment to ensure proper operating
- Prepares and maintains a record for each patient containing all
pertinent information, care plans, physician prescriptions and
- Responsible for accurate data entry on monitoring websites for
certain respiratory equipment
- Consults with referring physician regarding patient treatment,
medical condition, home environment, and Plan of Care.
- Participates in ongoing education and training sessions
regarding respiratory patient care.
- Assist with patient scheduling as needed.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Meets company minimum standard of Background Check--Education
- Graduate of an accredited program for respiratory therapy is
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional
- Must possess a valid and current driver's license and auto
insurance per Apria policy. May be required to drive personal
vehicle for patient home visits.
- Registration or certification by the National Board for
Respiratory Care (NBRC).-- Does not include RN or LPN
- Hold a current RCP license in the state of practice (or states
that the location covers) if that state requires an RCP license to
allow the practice of respiratory therapy.
- Hold a current CPR Certification.
- Hold all applicable licensure in good standing for all states
of practice.--SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to multi-task effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, on the phone and
- Successful completion of Apria's respiratory therapy
orientation and competency evaluation program.--Computer Skills
- Ability to use electronic hand held device
- Microsoft Office programs
- Basic printing/faxing/scanning--Language Skills
- English (reading, writing, verbal)--PREFERRED
QUALIFICATIONSEducation and/or Experience
- At least one year related experience is preferred.--SKILLS,
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIESLanguage Skills
- Bilingual (reading, writing, verbal)--PHYSICAL DEMANDSWhile
performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands
to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with
hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear.-- The
employee uses computer and telephone equipment.-- Specific vision
requirements of this job include close vision and distance
vision.-- Must be able to travel by plane and automobile (if
applicable). Possible lifting of equipment up to 50 lbs.--WORK
ENVIRONMENTThe work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job.-- Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- The employee is required to safely operate a motor vehicle
during the day and night and in a wide range of weather and traffic
- The noise level in the work environment is varies based on the
locations or activities proximate to which can range from low to
- There is moderate exposure to dust, fume, mists and odors.
- Temperature ranges from normal indoor climate-controlled
environment in buildings or vehicles and various outdoor conditions
and temperature extremes encountered throughout the year in a
variety of US states.
- General lighting is generally provided via florescent lighting
indoors, and natural lighting outdoors, and low light conditions
consistent with outdoor and/or night working environment.
- During off site travel events the employee may be exposed to
higher noise levels requiring the use of hearing protection, with
moderate potential exposure to moderate dust, chemicals, fumes and
odors, as well as cryogenic and cleaning agents.
- During off site travel events the employee may be required to
ride in company delivery vehicles and accompany employees on
deliveries and enter into patient homes.
- May be required to receive vaccinations and participate in
medical assessments and testing consistent with the work
environment or patients exposed to.
- Will be required to wear various personal protective equipment
consistent with the hazards encountered in this role.
- Will be required to use hand tools for assembly and repair,
material handling equipment, cutting, carrying devices, cleanup
kits or equipment.
- May be required to work with cryogenic fluids requiring special
precautions and PPE.--The physical demands and work environment
characteristics described above are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job.-- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.--Join the Apria team for a rewarding opportunity in
healthcare!-- Competitive pay rates with cash incentives and full
benefit packages available, including health, dental, vision,
disability and 401(k). --Apria Healthcare is committed to hiring
veterans and military spouses.--As an EOE/AA employer, Apria
Healthcare is committed to providing all applicants and employees
with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex,
race, age, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion,
genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender
identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.-- Apria
Healthcare shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a)
and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against
qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or
disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime
contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment
qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vet
Keywords: Apria Healthcare, Lakeland , Respiratory Therapist - RT, Other , Lakeland, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!