Coordinator, Flight Experience- Lakeland Airside
Company: Polk State College
Posted on: January 27, 2023
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
At Polk State, our amazing faculty and staff create an inspiring
workplace. This Coordinator, Flight Experience position reports to
the Program Director and is an excellent opportunity within the
College's Aerospace program. We offer a collaborative, creative and
culturally diverse work environment. If you want to be supported in
your efforts to grow professionally and to be recognized for your
contributions, then come work for Polk State.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
This is a professional/technical position that reports directly to
the Program Director. It involves both administrative support
responsibilities associated with the program, and instructional
responsibilities as appropriate within the program. Work requires
the analysis of complex problems, planning of various interrelated
activities, and sometimes the coordination of multiple projects or
simultaneous functions. Frequently called upon to resolve complex
problems within the program where recognized principles may be
inadequate to determine a course of action. Regularly required to
work cooperatively with other programs and to communicate with
other areas, both in and out of the college, in order to meet the
needs of students, the community, and the profession.
- Assists with the establishment of policies and procedures
governing selection and progression of students through the
- Assists with creating promotional materials used to attract
students into the program.
- Assists with student admission to the program.
- Assists with the development of curriculum to ensure
integration of skills throughout the program.
- Assists in assembling and compiling all materials required for
accreditation of the program.
- Assists in disseminating the above information to the
appropriate recipients at the College (administrators, counselors
and program students) and outside the College (national accrediting
body and each clinical affiliate).
- Assists with the assessment of strengths and weaknesses of
- Assists with the evaluation of students' readiness for entry
into the profession.
- Monitors and oversees flight training functions provided by
contracted flight training provider.
- Assists in identifying and managing the adjunct
- Travels to conferences, meetings, and recruitment functions on
behalf of the Aerospace Program.
- Manages flight student enrollment, progress, and completion
through flight training course sections.
- Prepares reports as needed.
- Assists with mentorship and management of student clubs and
This position is a level P15. To determine starting salary, Polk
State College takes into consideration the pay level minimum, the
candidate's qualifications and internal equity factors.
- Requires ability to communicate effectively orally and in
writing with a wide variety of individuals within and outside the
department, and frequently with students, faculty and staff of the
College. Significant consultation is expected for problems
requiring judgment and tact to obtain cooperation or approval of
action to be taken.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to work cooperatively with college personnel.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
Travel may be required -- primarily day travel within Polk County,
but may require overnight travel as well.
A bachelor's degree from an accredited (or equivalent) institution
of higher education in aerospace or a related field is
A master's degree from an accredited (or equivalent) institution of
higher education in aerospace or a related field is preferred.
Certification by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) as a
Commercial Pilot, Airline Transport Pilot, and/or Flight Instructor
- Holding any current and valid class of Federal Aviation
Administration (FAA) medical certificate is preferred.
At least three years of professional work experience in the
We offer an excellent employer-paid benefits package including the
following: Medical, Dental, Life, Long-Term Disability, Vacation
(except faculty), Holiday and Sick Leave, Retirement (if eligible)
and college fee waivers. Other employee-paid, voluntary benefits
(vision, short-term disability, etc.) are also available.
- Experience working with students in a college setting is
- Experience conducting and/or supervising flight instruction is
- Application Requirements: A completed online application
- Polk State electronic job application (eApp) with all sections
Submissions that do not include all required information will not
- Background Screening:Reference checks, successful completion of
a Level II background check (fingerprinting), and third-party
Education Verification for all stated degrees will be required
prior to employment.
- Staff Transcripts: For career positions (C10-C18), an
undergraduate degree is not required. However, please note that
education will be verified for all stated degrees. Submission of
official transcripts for all stated degrees will be required as a
condition of employment, following receipt of job offer.
- Veterans' Preference: Eligible applicants must use the Polk
State Veterans' Preference Documentation Form to apply for
Veterans' Preference for positions in qualifying categories (Career
and Protech positions levels P12 - P16). All required documentation
(Polk State Veteran's Preference Form, DD-214, and any other
required documentation) must be submitted with the completed
application for consideration.
- As a general rule, Polk State College does not provide H1-B
visa sponsorship. Exceptions may be made based on the College's
need for a candidate with unique skills and expertise where the
College cannot otherwise recruit and hire qualified non-sponsored
- Relocation: Polk State College does NOT provide relocation
assistance for this position.
This position will close at 8:00 a.m. on Friday, February
If you need further assistance with your application, please
contact the Recruiting Team at Careers@polk.edu.
If you are a retiree of the Florida Retirement System (FRS), please
check with the FRS on how your current benefits will be affected if
you are re-employed with the State of Florida. Your current
retirement benefits may be canceled, suspended, or deemed
ineligible depending upon the date of your retirement.
Polk State College is an equal access/equal opportunity institution
committed to excellence through diversity in education and
employment. The College complies with all state and federal laws
granting rights to students, employees, and applicants for
employment or admission to the College. Polk State College does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin,
ethnicity, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, marital status,
veteran status, genetic information, disability, or pregnancy in
its programs, activities, or employment. For questions or concerns,
please contact: Lonnie Thompson, Chief Diversity Officer, Title IX
Coordinator, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion; 999 Avenue H, NE;
Winter Haven, FL 33881; Office: WAD 227; 863.2 97.1000 Ext. 5378;
Polk State College is a drug-free workplace and participates in
Polk State College is committed to working with and providing
reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with
disabilities. If you feel you require a reasonable accommodation to
apply for a position with Polk State, please call 863-297-1070 or
e-mailCareers@polk.edu with the nature of your request, along with
your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered
on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries
concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a
Airside Lakeland Center
47,672.15 - 60,565.69 USD
Keywords: Polk State College, Lakeland , Coordinator, Flight Experience- Lakeland Airside, Other , Lakeland, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!