Company: Westlake Chemical
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Process Operator responsibilities include the safe and
environmentally compliant production, testing, and manufacture of
resin products within prescribed specification ranges. Operators
are expected to participate in plant safety, environmental, and
production programs, including improvement teams. A successful
operator understands and troubleshoots equipment; assists with
maintenance and equipment preparation activities and is cross
trained with other functions at the site. The operator position
supports a 24/7/365 production facility. Operators must be able and
willing to work rotating shift, nights, weekends, holidays, and
overtime as necessary.
- Follows all EHS requirements and regulations; demonstrates
strong commitment to prevent illness, injury and pollution thru
- Recognizes and resolves hazards in immediate work areas,
reports potential hazards, etc., and takes reasonable actions to
- Writes Safe Work, Hot Work and Confined Space Entry Permits and
other permits as assigned.
- Completes all classroom and computer based training on time per
site, division, corporate, and regulatory standards.
- Maintains an orderly and clean work environment and contributes
to housekeeping and 5s improvements at the facility.
- Demonstrates and encourages teamwork; shows respect for
- Practices personal accountability, communicates well, provides
constructive feedback for others; acts on constructive feedback
provided, good listening skills, and interpersonal astuteness.
- Drives quality, consistency, honesty and integrity throughout
department procedures, communications, and records
- Complies with all Company policies and procedures.
- Adheres to field and laboratory test procedures to maintain
plant within operational compliance and shipping parameters.
- Learns quickly; is detail oriented; adheres to operating
procedures and batch procedures
- Reads directions thoroughly and asks to seek and clarify
- Ensures all material is recorded and accounted for in the
- Maintains a high standard of quality for our products and
materials in respect of the customer.
- Demonstrates strong process awareness; operates process control
equipment, pumps, motors, reactors, etc.
- Document parameters as required; monitors, observes, and logs
- Creates maintenance equipment repair requests; troubleshoots
basic operational problems and takes corrective action.
- Is trained and certified in assigned process and generate Work
- Ensures all materials are tracked and logged in batch
documentation to maintain proper plant inventories.
- Operates equipment through the Distributive Control System
(DCS) or other electromechanical means.
- Is capable of using a computer-based technology for processing
- Fully support Company goals of continuous improvement and
operational excellence at strategic and tactical levels including
reviewing area of responsibility for improvement opportunities to
initiate projects or communicate ideas to management as well as
active participation on projects teams.
- Must be willing and capable to assist in the training of
others. On the job training is a large portion of the job on shift
and each operator must be willing to help in the continual
improvement of others.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch,
handle, or feel; reach, push, pull or climb with hands and arms;
and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop,
kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up
to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and
occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 pounds repeatedly. Associate
must also have ability to wear a respirator. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Work will be required in the operating unit which requires usage of
required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, FRC,
hard hat, safety shoes, etc. Significant portion of the job is
outside and will result in exposure to outside elements.
Preferred Minimum Qualifications
- 2 years min. experience in general industrial manufacturing
- HAZMAT handling, Excellent troubleshooting skills and
mechanical aptitude are required.
- Must work well with others, and function well within a team
- Must communicate and speak English, be self-motivated, follow
directions and process information, and be computer literate.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime.
- Must be willing and able to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Perform mathematical operations quickly and accurately, and
possess eye-hand motor coordination.
Keywords: Westlake Chemical, Lakeland , Operator, Other , Lakeland, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!