Operational Risk - Processing Risk - Tech Oversight - SVP
Location: Plant City
Posted on: January 20, 2023
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to
help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting
new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position
you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!Our people make
all the difference in our success. Operational Risk Sr Officer I
will be an acknowledged thought leader in technology risk
management with over 10-year experience in IT, and a minimum of 5
years of hands-on technical experience in IT management, controls
and/or information security within globally complex, dispersed, and
diverse organizations. Prior experience in previous roles should
include companies with global technology infrastructure in global
financial services firms. Responsibilities:
- Establishes and oversees the application of operational risk
policies, technology and tools, and governance processes to create
lasting solutions for minimizing losses from failed internal
processes, inadequate controls, and emerging risks.
- Independently assess risks and drive actions to address the
root causes that persistently lead to operational risk losses by
challenging both historical and proposed practices.
- Governance and oversight may include (not limited to)
technology operational risk, cyber risk for example.
- Partner with the ORM Business Coverage teams globally on
Technology Risk related activities, including but not limited to
MCA, KOR, Scenario Analysis, Operational Risk Reviews, etc.
- Work with Businesses and control functions in reviewing and
challenging new product or service proposals for NPAC review,
including evaluating risks, identifying the need for compensating
controls, determining health and adequacy of technology platforms
to support business requirements, evaluate operational processing
capabilities, manual touch points, capacity, resiliency, etc.
- Conduct reviews by challenging legacy systems, resiliency,
manual touch points / compensating controls, adequacy/
appropriateness of technology supporting operational processes,
alignment of business strategy and IT strategy etc.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for all performance issues
- Issues Management (KPI/KRI/Corrective Action Plans)
- Analyzes a multitude of scorecards/performance management tools
in an attempt to mitigate exposure (risk/financial/regulatory)
- Monitors goals are met through performance, risk and
relationship oversight of our extended supply chain and ensures
- Develops and maintains relationships across the business users
and Lines of Defense to better understand and deliver customer
requirements by responding to changes in the internal and external
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made,
demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation
and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving
compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to
Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal
behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing
and reporting control issues with transparency. Qualifications:
- 10+ years relevant experience
- Outstanding communication and influencing skills through all
levels of the organization and with external partners and vendors.
Exceptional relationship management skills; must be able to address
and resolve conflict while maintaining relationships. In depth
knowledge of Institutional Client Group products and processes and
technology platforms supporting these. Ability to effectively
communicate complex topics to a broad audience.
- Detailed oriented with analytical skills, as the role requires
a large amount of data manipulation and presentation. Expert in
Microsoft Office Tools.
- More specific proven experience, knowledge and skills that are
desirable for a candidate in the Processing Risk Technology role
are outlined below:
- Ideal candidate will have in-depth, detailed knowledge of
Technology Governance and Management frameworks/standards (COBIT,
ITIL, ITSM etc.)
- Best practices for End-to-End Stability and Operational
- Experience with:
- Risk & Control Self-Assessments (RCSAs/MCAs) for Tech
- Tech Risk Reviews Identification, Socialization/Escalation,
Challenge and Mitigation/Remediation
- Tech Risk quantification & profiling
- Analyze Issue and Corrective Action Plans
- Control Assessments & Control Effectiveness Measurement (Design
- Practical experience with SCRUM/Agile and Waterfall
methodologies within the financial industry,
- Practical experience of a project or program wherein technology
control metrics were devised, delivered, and/or analyzed.
- SDLC and Technology Architecture components:
- Experience with technology infrastructure components such as
Networking, Mobile Applications, Banking applications etc.
- Application/Information Security Fundamentals
- Entitlements Management/Segregation of Duties
- Change Control, Release Management
- Disaster Recovery/Continuity of Business
- Software Development Lifecycle, CD/CI, Dev Ops etc.
- Familiarity with data warehousing, database management (OLTP,
OLAP etc.) and big data environments
- API Management, Cloud Models, Block Chain Implementations,
Encryption & Transmission Layer Security (TLS, SSL etc.)
- Data Classification and Privacy
- Vulnerability Assessments
- Tech Vendor Management
- Metrics related to SDLC stages (app dev, testing, release
- Working familiarity with automated monitoring tools and
incident tracking tools to effectively communicate and manage
incidents, defects, and data quality/integrity issues.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills along with some
experience in a data scientist/data mining role. Education:
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred - Job
Family Group: Risk Management - Job Family:Operational Risk Time
Type: Full time Primary Location: New York New York United States
Primary Location Salary Range: $152,050.00 - $228,080.00 Citi is an
equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.Qualified
applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.Citigroup Inc.
and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested
applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person
with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our
search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review
Accessibility at Citi .View the " EEO is the Law " poster. View the
EEO is the Law Supplement .View the EEO Policy Statement .View the
Pay Transparency Posting - Effective November 1, 2021, Citi
requires that all successful applicants for positions located in
the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such
vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Keywords: Citi, Lakeland , Operational Risk - Processing Risk - Tech Oversight - SVP, Other , Plant City, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!