Garden Center Merchandiser
Company: Costa Farms
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Are you looking for a CAREER that allows you to enjoy daily
personal satisfaction from a job well done and that rewards you for
performing at a higher level?
Costa Farms has a Full-Time Garden Center Merchandiser position
working in Big Box Retail Garden Centers in Lakeland, FL!
*80% of our Supervisors and Area Managers started as Merchandisers
and were promoted to their current positions. You could do the
*Job Summary: * The Garden Center Merchandiser is responsible for
executing operational tasks as directed by teammates and/or the
Costa Farms managers at the teams' stores. The Merchandiser should
focus on learning the skills and thought processes necessary to
successfully meet Costa Farms standards.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities: *
* Comply with safety standards while working in the stores and
demands the same of other Costa Farms employees.
* Exhibit high levels of productivity and accuracy while
Merchandising products in the stores.
* Energetically execute tasks as directed by members of the
* Strive to learn as quickly as possible, and to improve in terms
of execution and productivity every day.
* Complete surveys and Go Spot Check missions correctly and in a
* Arrive to set location(s) to meet with the team as needed and
consistently complete shifts.
* Prepare stores for tours, meetings, and other events as
* Provides excellent customer service to stores and store personnel
by exhibiting impeccable professionalism, integrity, and
* Ensure that consumers are treated well by projecting a cheerful,
helpful, and friendly persona.
* Attend meetings as requested.
* Full-time - flexibility to work extra time and/or weekends when
* Must have, and be willing to use for business purposes, a
"smartphone" or another mobile device on which various apps
including "GoSpotCheck" and "UltiPro" can be loaded and run.
* Must be able to stand, walk, crouch, bend, reach, pull, push,
lift, and stretch.
* Must be able to move items on or near floor level and
* Work in a fast-paced and diverse environment.
* A High School diploma or GED is required.
* Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple
responsibilities while working in a fast-paced environment.
* Strong interpersonal skills, including listening and oral
* Ability to be flexible and responsive in order to provide the
highest quality of service to internal and external customers.
* 100% compliance with safety initiatives, including the use of
* 100% attendance rate.
* 100% completion rate for all projects and job tasks.
*Company Overview*Who is Costa Farms? We're one of the world's
largest horticultural growers-but without an ego to match our
acreage. Our headquarters are in Miami, Florida, where we were
founded in 1961. Costa Farms started on just 30 acres, and over the
last 60 years, we've grown to more than 5,000 acres around the
world. We have farms in North and South Carolina, Central and South
Florida, and the Dominican Republic, plus an office in China. Costa
Farms now employs nearly 6000 engineers, marketers,
accountants/analysts, human resources professionals, and of course,
growers and plant scientists!Here at Costa Farms, we live by the
values of H3: being Humble, staying Hungry, and always Hustling.
The team rallies to the mission of being a lean, green, growing
machine dedicated to enriching the world by bringing plants into
everyone's life.True to that mission, we grow more than 1,500 plant
varieties. Driven by the spirit of innovation, the team is always
testing new plants and developing new solutions to make it easier
for retailers and plant parents to enjoy plants. We're also
continuously testing different ways of growing our plants to
increase quality and improve their ecological footprint as one
aspect of our many sustainability efforts.We cultivate plants, as
well as a winning culture. Join the team, and you'll find
opportunities to learn and grow. You'll collaborate with other
driven, determined people who together keep Costa Farms an industry
leader. You'll support and be supported by a team that cares about
each other, our customers, our consumers, and our community.You'll
also find right away that Costa Farms is committed to providing a
diverse environment. We're proud to be an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender
identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin,
genetic information, disability, age, military status, marital
status or veteran status, or any other group status protected by
federal, state, or local law.*Costa Farms Offers Competitive Wages
and Benefits, Including*
* Flexible Schedule
* 401(k) Plan
* Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
* Health Savings Account
* Care on Demand Telemedicine
* Health Insurance
* Dental Insurance
* Vision Insurance
* Supplemental Insurance (Aflac)
* Growth Opportunities
* Challenging and exciting work environment
* Costa Farms Scholarship
Job Type: Full-time
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Flexible schedule
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Do you give Costa Farms permission to text message you?
* What is your hourly pay rate expectation for this position?
* High school or equivalent (Required)
* Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
* Driver's License (Required)
Willingness to travel:
* 25% (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road%58047475%
Keywords: Costa Farms, Lakeland , Garden Center Merchandiser, Other , Lakeland, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!