Executive Sous Chef
Company: The Lakeland Country Club
Posted on: November 25, 2022
* _The Lakeland Country Club_
*Essential Functions: *
* Serve as "second-in-command" of the kitchen. Assist the executive
chef in supervising food production for all food outlets, banquet
events and other functions at the club.
* Supervise food production personnel, assist with food production
tasks as needed and assure that quality and cost standards are
* Assist in scheduling of staff and manage overtime. Assist in
ordering of products and creating par levels.
* Groom and challenge the line level staff on a regular basis to
insure their growth.
Food Preparation Tasks
* Personally works in any station as assigned by the Executive
* Coordinates buffet presentations.
* Checks mise en place before service time and inspects
presentation of food items to ensure that quality standards are
* Expedites food orders during peak service hours.
* Understands and consistently follows proper sanitation practices
including those for personal hygiene.
* Assumes complete charge of the kitchen in the absence of the
* Prepares or directly supervises kitchen staff responsible for the
daily preparation of soups, sauces and "specials" to ensure that
methods of cooking, garnishing and portion- sizing are as
prescribed by standardized recipes.
* Consults with dining service personnel during daily line-ups.
* Supervises trains and evaluates kitchen personnel.
* Ensures proper staffing for maximum productivity and high
standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve
* Monitors kitchen employees' time cards to ensure compliance with
* Assists in the development of training and the provision of
professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff.
* Prepares reports, arranges schedules and costs menus and performs
other administrative duties as assigned by the Executive Chef.
* Assists in maintaining security of kitchen, including equipment
and food and supply inventories.
* Assists the Executive Chef with monthly inventories, pricing,
cost controls, requisitioning and issuing for food production.
* Assists Executive Chef with supervision and training of
employees, sanitation and safety, menu planning and related
* Assists in food procurement, delivery, storage and issuing of
* Consistently maintains standards of quality, cost, eye appeal and
flavor of foods.
* Makes recommendations for maintenance, repair and upkeep of the
kitchen and its equipment.
* Helps plan energy conservation procedures in the kitchen.
* Reports all member and guest complaints to the Executive Chef and
assists in resolving complaints
* Submits ideas for future goals, operational improvements, and
personnel management to
All Line Staff
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* 8 hour shift
* Weekend availability
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: The Lakeland Country Club, Lakeland , Executive Sous Chef, Other , Lakeland, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!