Process Engineer - # 21-81
Company: Florida's Natural
Location: Lake Wales
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Process Engineer # 21-81
Department: Shelf Stable
Academic Qualifications Required-
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering required.
- At least 2 years of experience working as a Process
- Prefer experience with a consumer products company improving
manufacturing, processing and packaging efficiency by developing
and implementing work processes, procedures, and equipment
- Experience conducting process capability studies, establishing
standards, confirming or modifying manufacturing and packaging
- Knowledge and familiarity of processing and packaging equipment
such as pasteurizers, fillers, cappers, coolers, labelers, casers,
and palletizers preferred.
- Knowledge of packaging components such as: cans, bottles, caps,
seals, films, and corrugate.
- Good computer skills - Microsoft Office, Microsoft
- Must be capable of working with minimal supervision and
available to work whenever needed to complete assignments.
- Must be able to prioritize work, trouble-shoot problems and
- Must be able to evaluate production related data and implement
measures to improve productivity.
- Working knowledge of all HACCP, OSHA, ISO, and GMP regulations
associated with the food industry preferred.
Essential Job Functions-
- Work alongside the Shelf Stable Business Unit's production and
maintenance teams to support packaging line efficiency
improvements, juice yield improvements, machine reliability, and
cost savings projects.
- Develop and implement proposals for improvements.
- Develop procedures and standards to sustain
- Assist in the processing, filling and packaging of juice
products into PET, HDPE, and can containers.
- Communicate technical issues and details to the operations,
management, and engineering teams.
- Perform qualification on processing and packaging, working with
suppliers, from engineering prints to models and prototypes,
through unit and production tooling.
- Provide technical input to process/package design and assure
process/package designed for manufacturing acceptability.
- Demonstrate ability to problem solve and troubleshoot in an
automated production environment.
- Utilize appropriate investigative tools, good engineering
design principles and GMP's when investigating issues,
recommending, and implementing corrective actions.
- Efficiently organize and manage workflow of multiple projects
- Develop, lead, and manage capital improvement projects.
Effectively interact with vendors, contractors, suppliers and cross
functional teams relative to processing and packaging challenges.
Additional Job Duties-
- Promote and participate in team meetings.
- Learn all work centers' equipment in SSBU, provide operator and
maintenance assistance as needed.
- Be the quality technical expert and primary person to
investigate microbial issues.
- Assist with resolving material quality issues.
- Prioritize and organize workload on multiple projects of
- Develop schedules, manage assigned projects and monitor the
status of all elements affecting the outcome of the
- Must interact cordially with co-workers.
- Must demonstrate a general understanding of project management
to realize the order, importance and impact of appropriate project
activities and maintain commitments to projects
- Any other duties assigned. Regular attendance required.
Keywords: Florida's Natural, Lakeland , Process Engineer - # 21-81, Other , Lake Wales, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!