Cancer Center Chemotherapy Nurse - Chemotherapy
Company: Lakeland Regional Health
Posted on: November 22, 2022
CANCER CENTER CHEMOTHERAPY NURSE - CHEMOTHERAPY (JOB ID:
Work Type: Active - Benefit Eligible and Accrues Time Off
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
Work Hours per Biweekly Pay Period: 80
Shift Time: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Location: Hollis Cancer Center, US:FL:Lakeland
Performs patient assessment, care planning, patient and family
education and counseling, symptom management, coordination of
services, administration of chemotherapy as well as other
supportive medications and the ongoing evaluation of patient care
outcomes. Consistently interacts with patients and families to
provide psychosocial support. Communicate and collaborate with the
multidisciplinary cancer care team to provide holistic care to
patients. Involved in community activities including prevention and
detection, therapeutic care, screening, support groups and
survivorship activities. Assists with technical procedures and
demonstrates knowledge and skill necessary to complete assigned
responsibilities. Perform other related duties as assigned.
* People At The Heart Of All We Do
- Fosters an inclusive and engaged environment through teamwork and
- Ensures patients and families have the best possible experiences
across the continuum of care.
- Communicates appropriately with patients, families, team members,
and our community in a manner that treasures all people as uniquely
* Safety And Performance Improvement
- Behaves in a mindful manner focused on self, patient, visitor,
and team safety.
- Demonstrates accountability and commitment to quality work.
- Participates actively in process improvement and adoption of
- Demonstrates responsible use of LRH's resources including people,
finances, equipment and facilities.
- Knows and adheres to organizational and department policies and
* Standard Work Duties: Cancer Center Chemotherapy Nurse
- Actively participates in team development, achieving dashboards,
and in accomplishing department goals and objectives. Facilitates
continuity of care through interdisciplinary collaboration and
coordination of all appropriate care services, including available
- Assist research nurses as required for patients enrolled in
protocols. Follows the documentation guidelines required by the
- Maintain a safe, organized, and therapeutic environment.
- Utilize the telephone in the successful delivery of patient care,
including pharmacy calls, triaging patient problems, and calling
patients with results as needed.
- Coordinates and provides nursing care, including the assessment
of patient needs and the initiation of referrals as appropriate.
Prioritize and organize workdays to meet the needs of the patient.
Coordinates with physicians regarding phone calls, triage of
patient's side effects.
- Prepare the patients for chemotherapy through ongoing education
and physical preparation. Provides extensive education to
patient/family on care at home and offers emotional support.
Witness consent forms and assists with any procedures as
- Collaborate with physicians on chemotherapy treatments'dose and
regiment. Coordinate patient's monthly chemotherapy calendar.
- Administer medication; documents medication given or prescribed
by ordering physician as required by specialty. Continually observe
IV site while chemotherapy is being administered and responds
appropriately to extravasations.
- Recognize and respond to emergency situation as appropriate.
Evaluates and manages patient's needs. Remains current in field and
participates in educational seminars to further knowledge of
chemotherapy and administration practices. Demonstrates an
awareness of self-responsibility and accountability of own
professional practice. Assist in quality improvement activities to
improve the work in the department.
- Promote positive patient relations and serves as their advocate.
Ensure charge tickets are turned in, in a timely manner and all are
received. Manages electronic MAR'chemotherapy treatments
Qualifications & Experience
* Bachelor Degree
Licenses Essential: Current State of Florida Registered Nurse
license. - - - - - -
COME GROW WITH US!
We are looking for exceptional RNs to join our team!
Lakeland Regional is an 864 bed Level II Trauma Center in Central
Florida located between Tampa and Orlando. As a catalyst for
community health for more than 100 years, not-for-profit Lakeland
Regional Health reaches beyond its hospital walls to promote
wellness, education and discovery in new places and new ways,
providing a wide range of inpatient and outpatient healthcare
services at our Medical Center, Hollis Cancer Center and ambulatory
LRH has earned multiple workplace awards from highly reputable
names including Aetna, -Forbes and the Florida Hospital
Association. Relocation available
Great Opportunities await in:
- - - - - - - -Medical/Surgical
- - - - - - - -Critical Care
- - - - - - - -Emergency Department
- - - - - - - -OR Circulators
- - - - - - - -Cath Lab
- - - - - - - -Labor & Delivery/ Mother Baby
Our workplace is ideal for you if you enjoy or seek:
- - - - - - - -Competitive pay rates
- - - - - - - -Shift differentials
- - - - - - - -BSN/MSN differentials
- - - - - - - -Employer matched retirement fund contributions
- - - - - - - -Access to $5,000 per year in education
- - - - - - - -Free continuing education credits
- - - - - - - -Benefit eligibility at 48 hours bi-weekly
- - - - - - - -Self-scheduling
- - - - - - - -To serve patients and families in a Culture of
Relationships and Caring
Together, our Promise is YOUR HEALTH.
Keywords: Lakeland Regional Health, Lakeland , Cancer Center Chemotherapy Nurse - Chemotherapy, Other , Lakeland, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!