Company: Highlands Lake Center
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionACTIVITY ASSISTANT - Full Time Daily Pay Option
AvailableThe Activity Assistant will assist in scheduling,
organizing and facilitating activities to meet the residents'
creative, social, physical, spiritual, and emotional needs. Adapts
activities to suit resident and incorporate them into overall
resident care routines and objectivesRESPONSIBILITIES:
- Planning and facilitating daily, weekly, and monthly events to
encourage socialization, relaxation, and recreation.
- Implementing activities that accommodate those with special
- Handling logistics to make the event possible, such as making
phone calls, advertising, managing inventory and budgets, training
and motivating volunteers or employees, and coordinating
- Observing participants at events to gauge their enjoyment and
obtain their feedback to improve events.
- Keeping records regarding event planning resources, participant
interest, and other notable information, such as injuries or
- Reporting medical concerns or observations.
- Ensuring that events are well-provisioned, event staff is
trained and prepared, and that the event takes place on time and
- Providing participants with instructions for the event.
- Adhering to and enforcing all safety procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS:EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma and certain certifications may be
- More education or experience with nursing, recreational
activities, event planning, or related may be preferred.
- Physical fitness, ability to walk, dance, stand, lift, or meet
other physical demands.
- Adaptability and strong organization and time management
- Excellent resource management, computer, record keeping,
interpersonal, decision making, and verbal and written
- Patience and compassion when dealing with others, especially
those who are sick, injured, elderly, or from different
- Flexibility to work when needed, especially evenings, weekends,
or early mornings.
Keywords: Highlands Lake Center, Lakeland , Activities Assistant, Other , Lakeland, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!