Company: Westlake Chemical Corp.
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Responsibilities include the safe and environmentally compliant
production, testing, and manufacture of resin products within
prescribed specification ranges. Participates in plant safety,
environmental, and production programs, including improvement
teams. Understands and troubleshoots equipment; assists with
maintenance and equipment preparation activities. Will cross train
with other functions at the site.
Job Responsibilities :
* Follows all EHS requirements and regulations; demonstrates strong
commitment to prevent illness, injury and pollution thru active
* Recognizes and resolves hazards in immediate work areas, reports
potential hazards, etc, and takes reasonable actions to control
* Writes Safe Work, Hot Work and Confined Space Entry Permits and
other permits as assigned.
* Completes Classroom and Active Learner Training as per Hexion
Division and Corporate Policy.
* Demonstrates and encourages teamwork; shows respect for
* Practices personal accountability, communicates well, provides
constructive feedback for others; acts on constructive feedback
provided, good listening skills, and interpersonal astuteness.
* Drives quality, consistency, honesty and integrity throughout
department procedures, communications, and records
* Adheres to field and laboratory test procedures to maintain plant
within operational compliance and shipping parameters.
* Learns quickly; is detail oriented; adheres to operating
procedures and Batch sheets.
* Demonstrates strong process awareness; operates process control
equipment, pumps, motors, reactors, etc.
* Document parameters as required; monitors, observes, and logs
* Creates maintenance equipment repair requests; troubleshoots
basic operational problems and takes corrective action.
* Is trained and certified in assigned process and generate Work
Minimum Qualifications :
* Excellent troubleshooting skills and mechanical aptitude are
* Must be capable of lifting 55lbs
* Must have the ability to operate a motor vehicle such as a yard
tractor or fork lift.
* Must work well with others, and function well within a team
* Must communicate and speak English, be self motivated, follow
directions and process information, and be computer literate.
* Aptitudes: Must possess the ability to understand the meaning of
words and their ideas, as well as instructions and their underlying
principles. Perform mathematical operations quickly and accurately,
and possess eye-hand motor coordination.
* Temperaments: Must have the ability to accept responsibility,
perform duties under stress, adapt to situations requiring
preciseness, and adapt to changing duties and responsibilities.
Must be able to generalize, evaluate, make decisions, and perform
Preferred Qualifications :
* 2 years min. experience in general industrial manufacturing
* HAZMAT handling
Education Requirements :
* High school graduate or equivalent is required
Keywords: Westlake Chemical Corp., Lakeland , Operator, Other , Lakeland, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!