Company: Tri County Human Services
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
* Attends and participates in community forums dealing with
substance abuse and mental health issues and concerns.
* Speaks to individuals regarding services received and provides
feedback to both the department and providers.
* Assist providers in developing role recovery objectives that meet
individual progress towards their goals.
* Will discuss with individual's areas within the provider's
service delivery that needs to the targeted for improvement.
* Engages individuals to talk about their experiences to promote
understanding of life experiences and its effects on functioning
and to promote hope for recovery.
* Is able to develop rapport with persons involved in the criminal
justice system, who have alcohol or drug problems, or who have
other behavioral/emotional difficulties.
* Assists with enrollment for services provided by community
behavioral health providers.
* Assist provider staff in identifying program environments that
are conducive to recovery; lend their unique insight into mental
illness and what makes recovery possible.
* Assists in peer group support utilizing the Illness Management
and Recovery model to facilitate problem solving, communication
skills development and personal growth.
* Provides services with area/s of competency, i.e. life
experience, training, certification, education or other background
in the service area. Seeks direction from clinicians when needs
fall outside areas of competency.
* Assists in completing and maintaining a personal recovery plan
which includes identified person centered strengths, needs,
abilities, and goals, interventions to assist the veteran in
reaching these goals and progress made toward these goals.
* Attend treatment teams meeting as requested to promote and
support consumer's insight to recovery as directed.
* Provides specific community liaison services as assigned by
* Performs other reasonable and related duties as assigned.
Minimum Training and Experience
Requires a high school diploma or G.E.D. and at least one (1) year
of full-time experience in a mental health or addictions treatment
setting. Obtain certification as a Peer Specialist by the Florida
Keywords: Tri County Human Services, Lakeland , Peer Specialist, Other , Bartow, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!