Automation Expert (Instrumentation Lead)
Company: The Coca-Cola Company
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Automation Expert (Instrumentation Lead)Summary: The primary
role of the Automation Expert is to provide high end, complex and
effective automation and controls support to plant operations. The
ability to perform work safely, meet the needs of Operations,
execute the maintenance program and comply with all safety codes is
paramount. The Automation Expert must identify, troubleshoot and
repair problems in all areas of electrical, Automation, Networks,
Process, Instrumentation and Controls systems that occur in the
facility. He/she must be able to troubleshoot, pin point problems,
and remediate all problems. He/she also performs preventive
maintenance and calibration of plant controls systems and
instrumentation.The Automation Expert is recognized as the premier
skilled and knowledgeable in all automation and controls systems
and is sought out to support troubleshooting, development of
process/system improvements, preventive and predictive maintenance
development and contractor performance monitoring, when necessary,
for new automation or controls systems. He/she is responsible for
notifying management if a workplace becomes
hazardous.Responsibilities and Duties:
- Understands how to read and translate the information found
within all: PLC code, Schematic wiring, Ladder and P&ID process
- Expert skills with PLC, HMI, VFD's, Servo, Sensors,
Instrumentation and industrial control systems, including advanced
programming techniques and configurations.
- Install electrical components and wiring systems. After
installing equipment, tests to ensure all devices are working
properly and safely.
- Possess knowledge and apply electrical standards, including
National Electrical Code and UL508a.
- Possess knowledge and apply safe electrical work practices
including LOTO and Arc Flash safety - NFPA 70e.
- Master troubleshooting of Industrial Networks, including
Ethernet, DeviceNET, ControlNET, and others.
- Observes and test the operation of systems and equipment in
order to diagnose malfunctions, using voltmeters, process meters,
network analyzers and other testing devices.
- Provide effective advanced trouble shooting support, following
best practices for safety and fault isolation.
- Communicates effectively and instruct management, engineers,
mechanics, and equipment operators. Demonstrates equipment
functions and features to machine operators.
- Must have working proficiency of data networks, switches,
routers and servers.
- Record parts and materials used, and order or requisition new
parts and materials as necessary using CMMS system.
- Capture description and procedures used for troubleshooting and
repairs performed in CMMS.
- Perform troubleshooting and repairs or modifications with
minimal manufactures specifications and documentation.
- Executes the maintenance work schedule as provided by his/her
supervisor. Proper execution of the work schedule will require
strategic decisions to ensure the scheduled work will be completed
within the period scheduled. This effort requires the Lead to be
aware of CIP, sanitation and other periods of downtime.
- Continuously maintains state of the art proficiency in
Automation and controls systems.
- Examines jobs to be done and determine scope and best way to
accomplish the work. Consults with requester, maintenance planner,
and/or Supervisor when necessary.
- Obtains, drawings, instructional manuals and special
procedures, as needed, from files or other sources. Makes any
additional sketches, diagrams, etc., necessary.
- Obtains or ensure work order materials are on-hand to support
the work order schedule.
- Ensures the safety needs are given a top priority in operations
support and work execution. Some examples are Arc Flash/Shock
Hazard safety, confined space entry, LOTO, Line Break Permit,
hazardous materials, hand tool safe use, etc.
- Updates the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS)
as necessary to maintain accurate plant asset historical
- Gains complete knowledge of plant's processes and packaging
- Adheres to common Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) in the
execution of the work schedule and operational support. Ensure the
shop is maintained in a safe and orderly fashion.
- Enforces plant polices in the execution of their assigned
duties. Report violations of plant polices to the Management.
- Makes recommendations for system improvement.
- Possesses an understanding of calibration procedures for
process instruments, which measure temperature, pressure, flow,
level and composition, along with an understanding of process
controls and troubleshooting.
- Performs other tasks and special assignments as requested by
management.Minimum Job Requirements:
- Achieve a passing score on the Maintenance automation
- Must supply own tools per the Maintenance required tool
- 10 years of Engineering / Integration / Maintenance background,
which includes PLC's, HMI's, Servos, VFD's, electrical, hydraulics,
controls, and pneumatics.
- Working knowledge of hand and power tools.
- Able to read one-line diagrams, P&ID, blueprints and
- Must be certified on the training plan for this position within
180 days of start date.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work on multiple levels, such as catwalks, ladders,
etc. and ability to work in extreme temperatures.
- Manual and finger dexterity.
- Ability to visually identify defective parts.
- Is not color-blind.
- Ability to hear machine operations sounds to detect defective
parts, machine failures, and changes in speed and other routine
- Must have strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work
efficiently under stressful situations.
- Must be able to use a computer and associated software
- Perform all tasks in a safe manner to ensure achievement of
Quality, Service and Cost objectives.
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture
that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and
make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive
approach to what's possible and believe in continuous learning to
improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors
- curious, empowered, inclusive and agile - and value how we work
as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of
the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit
Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how
you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis
of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
When we collect your personal information as part of a job
application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with
industry standards and best practices and in compliance with
applicable privacy laws.
Keywords: The Coca-Cola Company, Lakeland , Automation Expert (Instrumentation Lead), Other , Auburndale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!