Mi-Jack Equipment Operator
Company: Valmont Industries
Posted on: January 13, 2022
4131 Hwy 17 South Bartow Florida 33830-7567Why Valmont
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you
join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to
changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want
problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and
innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure,
irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities.
We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products
and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.A
Brief Summary of This Position:This position is responsible for
shipping and receiving, pulling finished goods from Finishing
Department to storage yard, maintaining storage yard, and assists
finishing department with daily tasks. In addition, all Bartow
personnel receive cross-training and will be expected to work in
any part of the plant as required by management. This individual
works under the direction of the Finishing Supervisor and Plant
Manager, and reports directly to the Finishing Supervisor.Job
Summary:With assistance of the Finishing Supervisor You must:
- Make certain all fabrication numbers, pole details, and
post-production weights are correctly documented and placed on the
- Work with drivers - receiving and shipping - to make certain
all material is received and signed for correctly, and all outgoing
product is properly loaded.
- You must gouge butts of concrete poles, cut strands at tip,
chip around pipes, tie in workstations, knock out lugs from pipe,
grout seams, roll poles and tap out inserts, attach caps and ground
clips, pack and grout butts, attach and secure tip caps, place
customer-specific caution stickers.
- You must be able to climb up and down the MI-Jack ladder
throughout the day and be able to walk the plant yard and be on
their feet all day.
- You must notify Quality Assurance of pole's readiness for
inspection and make any required corrections.
- Must conduct routine inspections of machinery per maintenance
checklists and report any issues to Management.
- Operate Mi-Jack/Shuttle lift to lift and move
materials/products to and from location. Load poles onto tractor
trailer for shippingEssential Functions:
- Operate Mi-Jack/Shuttle lift with rigging in manufacturing
- Rigging and moving loads to ensure safety of co-workers and
- Test rigging to ensure safety and reliability.
- Select gear such as cables, pulleys, and winches, according to
weight and sizes.
- Control movement of Mi-Jack/Shuttle lift through narrow
openings or confined spaces to store or lad material/product.
- Keep track of pole inventory.
- Participate in department safety, demonstrate excellent safety
practices and behaviors, which conform to all Valmont safety policy
and procedures.Required Qualifications of Every Candidate
(Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities )
- At least one year's experience working with or around similar
machinery is required.
- One year mechanical experience
- Safety Awareness - Identify and correct conditions that affect
employee safety.Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Experience driving MI-Jack product
- Three or more years of previous experience operating a MI-Jack
product or similar equipment.
- One year of previous experience operating power tools in a
- Have a high awareness for safety at all times
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the
motivation to excel and provide exceptional resultsWorking
Environment and Physical Efforts:Work performed in an industrial
shop setting. The incumbent is regularly required to stand for
extended periods of time. Environment is fast paced and demanding
most of the time. There are no travel requirements for this
position. You are frequently required to use hands to finger,
handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the
shop. You are frequently required to move about the shop and site.
You must use proper ergonomic safeguards when performing manual
tasks such as welding or handling various materials. You must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds in working with
materials and equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this
job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and
depth perception. Working conditions may include abnormal
temperatures including heat, cold, rain, snow and ice. Employee may
also experience jarring and bouncing, high noise areas, and other
job related hazards. Employees are required to wear all necessary
personal protective equipment (PPE) for the position.Valmont offers
employees and their families a comprehensive Total Well-being
benefit package to ensure their personal and family's overall
wellness needs are met.Benefits include*:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Employer paid life insurance
- Employer paid short-term and long-term disability
- Retirement plans
- Dependent care
- Employee assistance programs
- Voluntary programs like tobacco cessation, Type 2 diabetes
reversal, mortgage services, home & auto insurance, health coaching
Because of the nature of Valmont's Global Business and Union
contracts, not all benefits are the same.Valmont does not
discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment
opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other
characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.If you have a disability and require any
assistance in filling out the application for employment email
Keywords: Valmont Industries, Lakeland , Mi-Jack Equipment Operator, Other , Bartow, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!