Sanitation Back up Team Leader- PM
Company: Campbell Soup
Posted on: October 14, 2021
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its
people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in
which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
- Plan and direct the activities of sanitation personnel during
the PM Shift.
- Plant Services Sanitor performs daily and in-depth cleaning of
all machinery, equipment and building structure.
- He/She will be required to dismantle, reassemble, preflight and
clean & sanitize machinery. This requires the use of ladders,
portable stairs, scissor lifts, single man lifts, boom lifts,
fork-lifts and other equipment deemed necessary, including safety
- Additional tool use shall include water and air hoses, hand
tools, power tools, housekeeping equipment and cleaning and
- The Plant Services Sanitor may be assigned to different tasks
each day and will be responsible for other duties as assigned.
- Lead sanitors and temporary employees required to meet daily
and/or preventative sanitation schedules and emergency needs.
- Responsible for knowing the jobs supervised and executing them
to the highest standards of product quality, safety & customer
- Perform sanitation audits and inspections and analyzes
sanitation problems/deficiencies relative to the plant and/or
equipment. Initiates proper course of corrective action to
rectify and reduce future occurrences
- Conducts 5 why & RCFA when sanitation systems fail or cause
- Conduct Corrective Actions associated with results of the plant
Environmental Monitoring Program
- Assists in maintaining records for master sanitation cleaning
schedule and associated procedures/task instructions in both manual
and computerized systems. Tracks and assigns task items.
- Communicates thoroughly with the previous and oncoming shift
regarding unfinished task workload, special requests or
requirements, crewing shortages, schedule changes, or any situation
- Maintain positive & open communications channels with all
departments. Work as a team with other departments to achieve
plant goals and objectives.
- Meet budget cost constraints and cost reduction goals and
objectives of the department. Recommend changes to procedure
and purchase of equipment that will assist in meeting
- Analyze equipment or facility deficiencies and enter work
notifications into SAP accordingly.
- Monitor outside contractors involved in performing duties that
assist in the completion of sanitation objectives, installation of
new equipment, etc.…
- Interprets schedules, memos, emails and other documents and
assigns duties to complete necessary tasks requested.
Responds in a timely manner to requests and e-mails.
- Insures that all SQF, HACCP, CTS, Safety & Hygiene standards
- Conduct job specific training for new/existing employees in all
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures and schedules to meet
- Dispense, dilute and titrate chemicals on a daily basis.
- Ensure reports are properly completed and maintained
- Follow Job Safety Analysis guidelines and plant Good
Manufacturing Practice Rules
- On occasion may be asked to perform general sanitation
activities or assist with silo sanitation activities including but
not limited to:
- a. Confined Space Entries
- b. Cleaning of Silo penthouses, skirts,
filters or screens
- c. Inspection and maintenance of sifter
screens and filters throughout the facility
- d. Cleaning of restrooms, locker rooms,
cafeteria/break room, offices, compactor room, stairs or
- e. Dismantle, clean, sanitize, and reassemble
- Perform other duties relating to the efficient operation of the
business as assigned.
- Directly lead sanitors and temporary employees in the Plant
Services Department, while covering for the Supervisor and Leaders
vacation and NS days including the off shifts, if necessary.
- Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing
work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should
demonstrate the following competencies.
- Analytical – Interprets information; collects and researches
data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs
work flows and procedures; ability to properly prioritize work,
develop action plans, and ensure follow through in obtaining
- Oral Communications – Speaks clearly and persuasively in
positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarifications to
ensure understanding is reached within the communication; Responds
well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills;
participates in meetings when necessary.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Able
to read and interpret written information.
- Delegation – Delegates work assignments; Endures direct
supports have a clear understanding of their key responsibilities;
Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work
independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities;
Provides recognition for results.
- Planning / Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities;
Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals
and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their
tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Safety & Security – Has full competence in all plant safety
programs; Ensures safety and security procedures are met; Reports
potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials
properly; Prepares and perform weekly pre-shift meetings on
- Computer Skills – Working knowledge of SAP, Access, Word,
Outlook, and Excel. Multi-Tasking – ability to handle several
priorities at one time, including properly setting priorities to
ensure follow-up is completed for areas of responsibility
- 8-12-hour shift overtime required. Weekdays, weekends and
holidays may be required. Employees will receive 2
fifteen-minute breaks and one-half hour lunch break.
- Environment – noise levels will be high, temperature may reach
over 110 F and be as low as 0 F based on season. Lighting is
sufficient, and floors can be slippery. May be required to
work in dusty environments.
Training, Skill And/or Experience Required
- Excellent work history with Pepperidge Farm, with respect to
productivity, attendance, safety, quality, initiative,
communications and leadership potential.
- Available and willing to work a flexible schedule, as needed.
- Strong interpersonal skills and leadership ability
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Effective abilities in organization and decision making
- Computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Must possess strong mechanical ability
This is a non-bid, non-seniority position. Selection will be
based on qualifications and potential only. Further, since
training time and expense will be invested in this candidate,
he/she will not be able to bid off this position unless approved by
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected
from discrimination based on certain categories protected by
Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Keywords: Campbell Soup, Lakeland , Sanitation Back up Team Leader- PM, Other , Lakeland, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!