PFS Service Rep Collector I Collector Patient Financial Services Sebring FT Days
Posted on: July 22, 2021
Service Rep I Collector
Patient Financial Services AdventHealth Sebring FT
Address: 4200 Sun 'n Lake Boulevard Sebring, FL
Top Reasons to Work at
- Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
- Largest Employer in the County
- Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida’s
oldest State Park
- Close knit community with a home town family feel
- 2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
You Will Be Responsible
- Review and resolve encounters assigned via CPA work list daily
using tools such as DDE, SSI, Discern Notify, Payer Websites,
- File an appeal on unwarranted denials of non-contracted
carriers within 48 hours of notification when appropriate.
- Ensure eScan and other vendor worklist are worked in accordance
with department guidelines.
- Review and respond to mail received within 48 hours from
- Maintain days in AR for all books of business according to the
departments yearly goals. Ensuring the department maintains
all outgoing bills meet billing guidelines according the various
- Ensuring when insurance is added to an encounter we have
obtained the appropriate authorizations prior to submitting the
bill to the payer when appropriate.
- Assure all claims are filed correctly and are in compliance
with billing guidelines set forth by State, Federal and local
statues. Know and enforce all Medicare rules and regulations
through updates and bulletins. Review the Medicare web site on a
monthly basis when appropriate.
- Contribute to a positive working environment by showing
inter/intra departmental respect towards co-workers. Work
with outside providers, patients, and intermediaries in a
professional courteous manner to maintain excellent customer
- File supplemental claims within 48 hours of the receipt of the
primary payment or denial when appropriate.
- File the supplemental claim twice before making them patient
responsibility when appropriate.
What You Will
- A minimum of a High School diploma or
- Strong keyboard and 10 key
- Advanced degree in any field of study
- Prior hospital or physician billing background
- Knowledge of billing rules and regulations
Actively participates in outstanding customer
service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships
that are equally respectful to all. Under general
supervision, is responsible for processing insurance claims,
expediting billing and payments for insurance claims.
Performs outgoing calls and correspondence to patients and
insurance companies to obtain necessary information for accurate
billing. Utilizes the Discern Notify tool to communicate with
other departments regarding any necessary updates to ensure an
accurate claim. Responds to incoming calls requesting
additional information and/or checking status of billings.
Adheres to Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan and to all
rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal
agencies and accrediting
This facility is an equal
opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local
anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Keywords: AdventHealth, Lakeland , PFS Service Rep Collector I Collector Patient Financial Services Sebring FT Days, Other , Sebring, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!