Surgical Associate AdventHealth Sebring
Address: 4200 Sun 'n Lake
Boulevard Sebring, FL 33872
to Work at AdventHealth Sebring
- Up to
$10K Sign-on Bonus
Based & Mission driven Facility
Employer in the County
- Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida’s
oldest State Park
knit community with a home town family feel
- 2 hours
to just about any beach on either Coast
Full Time 40
Hours Per Week
You Will Be
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB
essential functions must be performed. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
· Assists Registered Nurse in planning patient
· Assists with moving and positioning of the
· Assists with room turnovers as
· Assists with the orientation of new employees /
performs preceptor duties.
· Assumes call assignments.
· Attends and participates in staff
· Adheres to guidelines and privileges/credentials
for CSTFA or CSAFA and functions within those
· Carries out responsibilities in an appropriate
· Cleans and restocks rooms.
· Collaborate with other health team
· Demonstrates commitment to the philosophy and
goals of the organization.
· Demonstrates knowledge of anatomy and
· Demonstrates understanding of safety, policies
· Effectively communicates with peers, other health
team members, patients and visitors.
· Exhibits professional behavior that reflects
patient's right to privacy, dignity and comfort.
· Exhibits team work.
· Maintains adaptability.
· Maintains aseptic techniques at all
· Manages assignees workload in a timely
· Participates in Performance Improvement
· Performs surgical counts according to
· Provides and maintains a safe physical
· Responds in a timely manner to meet patient's
· Responsible for personal professional growth and
· Under the direction of the RN assists with
· Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
First Assist Skills
Fluent in the English Language,
speaking, reading and writing
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
· One year of current Operating Room
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Must meet two of the
· Graduate of an accredited surgical assistant
program at a college or university
· Graduate of an accredited school of surgical
technology program or accredited Practical Nurse
· Been trained as a medical doctor in another
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Previous First Assistant experience in general
surgery and surgical subspecialties in a hospital
OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Current LPN license in State of Florida if a
· First Assistant Certification
· Surgical Tech Certification
CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION
Establishes and maintains courteous, tactful and professional level
of interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively
positive ICARE Values & Workforce
Integrity: I am honest and ethical in all I say
Compassion: I will exceed my customer’s
expectations by providing spiritually
I hold myself accountable for all my actions.
Respect: I treat every
individual as a person of worth, dignity and
* Excellence: I
will exceed the expectations of the patients and family we serve
this service through continuous surveying of
Demonstrates effective communication skills; is able to report and
convey required information either verbally or in writing;
maintains required level of confidentiality; consults with and/or
advises appropriate personnel of situations requiring follow-up or
Conforms to all Adventist Health System corporate/Florida Hospital
Heartland Division organizational and departmental policies and
procedures including but not limited to:
AHS Code of Conduct as outlined in the
“Guidelines for Employees” handbook.
Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes
appropriate use of PDO, and observes department call-in procedures
for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits.
Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits
including meal and other breaks.
Attends/participates in mandatory facility-wide and department
training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: Net
Learning, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and
apply knowledge of fire, safety, security and disaster procedure
regulations as presented in orientation and as pertains to each
Supports departmental and organizational Mission
Appropriate use of
Providing assistance to team
Accepting work or schedule
Participating in process and
performance improvement as required
Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e., disasters,
hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the
crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming
personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to
respond may result in termination.
8. Contributes to the successful
achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and
cohesiveness and communication
A Clinically competent uncertified surgical tech
that works under the supervision of the registered nurse in
delivering safe and effective care to the patient during the
intraoperative period. Assists surgeons in a manner as to make
procedures smooth flowing. Strictly adheres to aseptic technique.
Effectively interacts with patients and health care team members,
while maintaining the Surgical Services Department
This facility is an equal
opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local
anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.