Solutions Design Manager
Company: Saddle Creek Logistics
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Why Work for Saddle Creek?
Saddle Creek is in the logistics business. Over the past 50
years, our associates built Saddle Creek into what it is today by
treating each other with respect and working together to succeed.
Our people make a difference every day to our clients, to our
business, and to each other. The growth and success we've
experienced requires smart, dedicated people working in a
Growing our family since 1966. Will you join us?
Department: Customer Solutions & Operations Development
Location: Lakeland, FL
The Solutions Development Engineer assists in the development of
logistics and supply chain solutions for new and existing
customers. This position will work as a member of the Warehouse
Solutions team to develop solutions to generate new business
opportunities as well as to increase opportunities with existing
- Provide leadership for customer solutions by identifying and
working on issues or projects of a diverse scope where analysis of
a situation or data requires identification, judgment, and the
selection of methods/techniques for obtaining a solution.
- Provide analytical support for projects, new business
opportunities, and proposals for warehousing and secondary
- Support the development and standardization of modeling
techniques to support corporate strategic objectives.
- Lead or participate in cross functional teams to develop and
maintain efficiencies through lean six sigma methodologies.
- Maintain positive relationships with both internal and external
- Assist in the development and achievement of strategic business
process KPI's and metrics.
- Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory
requirements applicable to our business.
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering or related
- Must possess a minimum of 5-8 years of experience in
warehousing and/or secondary packaging related disciplines
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Quantitative and financial modeling skills
- Critical thinking - analytical problem solving skills with
significant amount of information
- Creative thinking - dealing with imperfect information and
- Presentation skills - ability to inform and persuade internal
and external stakeholders in relations to developed solutions
- Effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
both internal and external to achieved desired results
- Demonstrate a passion for cost and service level
- Ability to travel 10% - 15%
- Must possess strong capabilities in modeling software and
techniques, including Microsoft Excel and Access with macro level
- Must have experience with facility layout and packaging line
layout tools utilizing software such as AutoCad
- Preferred exposure to varied warehouse structures including
traditional bulk, high density, RF, pick to light, voice pick,
- Preferred exposure to light automation in packaging operations
- Preferred familiarity with work measurement techniques such as
MOST, MTM, or MODAPTS
- Preferred familiarity with line balancing techniques and
Keywords: Saddle Creek Logistics, Lakeland , Solutions Design Manager, Other , Lakeland, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!