Asphalt Skid Steer Operator
Posted on: June 12, 2021
100 Years of Experience at Work for You!
Since 1920, the professional men and women of Hubbard
Construction have literally paved the way for hundreds of public
and private projects that have supported Florida's rise to
Hubbard is one of Florida's largest heavy civil construction
companies. We are proud to be a part of Florida's history and we
are eager to continue to serve the Florida market and beyond.
The scope of Hubbard's work includes complex highway projects,
site development, paving, utility and drainage systems, surveying,
RAP and hot mix sales, and state-of-the-art bridge building. We
provide multiple delivery systems in design-build, bid-build,
public/private-partnerships and design-build finance.
Hubbard Construction's parent company, Eurovia, operates through
a network of 330 agencies and 770 production sites, in 17 countries
around the world.
General Description. The Skid Steer Operator will work in close
proximity to equipment and people and operate a skid steer to
remove materials in a safe manner.
- Operate a skid steer in close proximity to equipment and the
- Perform daily fluid level checks on oil, water and fuel; Visual
inspection for obvious leaks and damage to machine before operation
of equipment as well as safety equipment checks.
- Responsible for daily maintenance of equipment to remain in
proper and safe working order. Responsible for notifying supervisor
if equipment needs to be repaired.
- Other duties as assigned.
- General. To perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each Key Duty satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Education and Experience. This position typically is not an
entry-level job, as it requires demonstrable previous experience as
a Skid Steer Operator. A high school diploma or general education
degree (GED) is preferred. Must be able to understand work
directions and communicate effectively with job site supervisors
and fellow employees. Three (3) to Five (5) years or more of
industry related experience is required for this position, with an
emphasis on roads, highways, and bridges.
- Physical Demands. The following physical demands are
representative of those that must be met by a Skid Operator to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Constant physical effort, including standing, is required
during a regular work shift of at least eight hours per day.
Employee must be able to stand for extended periods of time, and to
stoop, bend, and crouch as required to perform Key Duties.
- Frequently work with hands extended overhead, sometimes in
conjunction with the operation of hand power tools.
- Ability to lift and carry, on a frequent basis, at least 50-90
pounds personally, and up to 150 pounds with assistance.
- Maintain constant alertness to the multiple concurrent
activities of the construction site, including the activities of
other employees and contractors, the operation of stationary
equipment, and the movement of mobile equipment.
- Frequently walk on uneven surfaces, including natural ground in
varying weather conditions.
- Ability to maintain balance while working on water craft or
- The Operator must be able to climb on and off heavy mobile
- Work Environment. The work environment characteristics
described below are representative of those that a Skid Steer
Operator encounters while performing the essential functions of
- Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Work environment periodically exposes the employees to high
levels of noise, grease, and dust that is typically associated with
a construction project.
- Employee regularly works near heavy equipment and moving
- Work may involve a variety of substances commonly found on
construction sites such as form oil, grease, curing compounds,
gasoline, diesel fuel and ready mixed concrete.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status. We promote a Drug-Free
Blythe Construction, Inc. - Hubbard Construction Company -
Northeast Paving - Sunmount Paving - Virginia Paving Company, are
hereby referred to as Eurovia USAAccessibility: If you need an
accommodation as part of the employment process please contact
Human Resources atBlythe Construction, Inc.: Phone:
704-375-8474Hubbard Construction Company: Phone:
407-645-5500Eurovia Atlantic Coast, LLC:Phone: 704-375-8474
Eurovia USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Eurovia USA is
committed to providing a fair and equal employment opportunity
workplace. All hiring and promotional decisions are made without
regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), genetic
information, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin,
age, disability, veteran status, or any other status that is
protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose
Keywords: Hubbard, Lakeland , Asphalt Skid Steer Operator, Other , Lakeland, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!