Company: Perkins Restaurants Company
Posted on: May 3, 2021
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Manages the back-of-the house operations; responsible for
achieving planned sales and profit levels for the restaurant
through the implementation, management and enforcement of company
policies, procedures, programs and performance standards. Provides
direction to back-of-house staff, ensuring execution of all
employee duties to guarantee maximum guest satisfaction and a
quality work environment.
POSITION ACTIVITIES AND TASKS
- Assists the restaurant staff to achieve plan profit levels
while ensuring maximum guest satisfaction and the development and
training of all employees.
- Ensures that all menu items are prepared, portioned, and
presented properly in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner, according
to all established procedures, performance standards, and local
health department regulations.
- Monitors and oversees food temperatures during hot and cold
handling to reduce the incidence of risk factors known to cause
food borne illness.
- Must be able to perform/assist all functions for all positions
in the restaurant if needed.
- Ensures that inventory levels for both food and non-food items
are properly maintained in accordance with company guidelines
through correct ordering procedures and efficient usage and yield
- Ensures the unit's compliance to productivity and service
standards with a sufficient number of well-trained and productive
- Ensures proper management of facility and equipment through
preventive maintenance, energy conservation, repairs, security
measures, and adherence to safety and sanitation requirements.
- Conducts employment activities to include interviewing,
scheduling, training, and conducting performance reviews with all
kitchen personnel, as well as recommending salary increases and
preparing employee documentation.
- Attendance of University of Perkins is required; as well as;
achieving and maintaining ServSafe certification.
- Ensures accurate financial data to include: restaurant
supplies, inventories, food cost, payroll/productivity, and
- Attends unit management meetings, makes presentations as
requested. Responsible for meeting established objectives during
periods of his/her Production Leaders supervision.
- Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to
achieve guest satisfaction.
- Responsible for all communication with regard to system
breakdowns and deficiencies.
- Ensures the thorough training and development of Production
Leaders and other non-exempt personnel.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Extensive standing, without breaks
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold
- Reaching heights of approximately 6 feet and depths of 2 1/2 -
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility in space
- Must be able to fit through openings 30" wide
- Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy
pressure/stress during busy times
- Bending, reaching, walking
- Communicating clearly with guests and employees
- Operating cash register
- Carrying trays of food products weighing about 20 pounds for
distances up to 30 feet
- Using telephone
- Lifting up to 50 pounds for a distance up to 30 feet
EDUCATION LEVEL REQUIRED
High school diploma; some college or degree preferred.
One to two years previous experience; preferably in the food
This job description is not intended, and should not be
construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It
is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those
principal job elements essential for making decisions related to
job performance, employee development and compensation. As such,
the employee may perform other duties and responsibilities as
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
Founded in 1958, Perkins operates 324 restaurants in 32 states
and four Canadian provinces. The Perkins system includes 90
company-owned and operated restaurants and 234 franchised units.
Throughout its history, Perkins Restaurant & Bakery has remained
true to its mission of providing guests with personalized service
and delicious, homestyle food at a great value. With its diverse,
moderately priced menu featuring breakfast, lunch, dinner, and
bakery offerings, and its attractive and recently remodeled
restaurants designed to facilitate efficiency and guest
satisfaction, Perkins Restaurant & Bakery is a dining favorite with
a solid and respected reputation in the marketplace.
Perkins is known as a great place to eat, and a great place to
work. The sixty-one year longevity and success of the brand is
attributed in large part to the concepts ability to adapt to
consumer dining trends and evolving taste preferences, as well as
the dedication of its team members who are committed to providing
memorable dining experiences each and every day.
BE A PART OF OUR SUCCESS
Perkins has experienced years of success through ensuring 100%
guest satisfaction on every visit. If you want to work and grow
with a company who has a proven track record of success, has an
unmatched commitment to their employees and employees the best in
the industry, you are in the right place!
Keywords: Perkins Restaurants Company, Lakeland , Kitchen Manager, Other , Bartow, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!