At Carvana, we sell cars, but we're not salespeople. Since 2013,
we've been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars.
We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the
traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the
largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world - the $1T per
year U.S. car market (yes, that's $Trillion with a "T").
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our
expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360 photographs of our
vehicles' interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the
ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a
dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for
consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile
device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on
our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return
policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars
to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer
pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes,
you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core
of our business, we've built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car
buying experience that save our customers time and money.
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and
possess the know how to get the job done. We expect bright people,
willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and
juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work
at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies
around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and
develop a world-class team every day.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company
WE'RE LOOKING FOR.
Logistics is the art of problem solving personified. As the
Inventory Supervisor, you will ensure that our promise of a
revolutionary used car purchase process is realized. You will do
this by leading the Inventory Team Leads, ensuring the team is set
up for success and inventory is prepped.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
I know, I know, you're in logistics, you want more details. You
must be prepared to serve as a leader to the Logistics Inventory
team and create a high performing culture through coaching and
managing operations. This may include:
- Build/maintain a culture of teamwork, safety, engagement,
motivation, and recognition.
- Oversee all things people including performance coaching and
documentation, scheduling, PTO, and attendance of team.
- Responsible for day to day operations execution and
optimization; Problem solve to remove barriers to operations.
- Coach, mentor and develop staff, including overseeing new
employee onboarding and providing career development planning and
- Maintain transparent communication. Appropriately communicate
company information through team meetings, one-on-one
- Plan, evaluate, and improve the efficiency of business
processes and procedures to enhance speed, quality, efficiency, and
- Communicate regularly with peers, management, and cross
- Providing hands-on support where necessary (with inventory
- Document incident reports to ensure detailed and accurate
- Perform job duties during various weather conditions such as
rain, snow, heat, cold, etc.
- Additional duties as assigned
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
This position requires a "can-do" attitude and individual that
is interested in Carvana's operations process to deliver our
customer experience. Required skills include:"
- Bachelor's degree or equivalency in work experience.
- 2+ years of experience in a manager or leadership role
- 1+ years experience in logistics setting, preferably within a
fulfillment center or similar field.
- CDL preferred.
- Ability to develop individuals and teams for organizational
- Aptitude for creative problem-solving.
The Inventory Supervisor will report to Sr. Logistics Manager
and will be a salaried full-time position. No travel is
The Physical demands described within are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job
position is designated as a safety-sensitive position.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds independently; a majority
of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required
from various levels.
- Must be able to carry and transport up to 60 pounds up to 20
- Requires standing for extended period of time with frequent
stretching, reaching, walking and stooping, pushing and/or pulling
in an environment that may be cold, hot, noisy, and wet and may
have fumes or odors due to vehicle maintenance.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your
knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up
atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.