Company: Marriott Vacations Worldwide
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others'
vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world
premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at
destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver
unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Generic Position Summary
As a member of the professional staff, contributes specific
knowledge and skill in a discipline area (e.g. Accounting, Finance,
Human Resources, Information Resources, Operations Planning &
Support, Sales & Marketing) to support team and/or department
objectives. Generally, works under limited supervision or within
well-established guidelines to complete routine tasks.
Specific Job Summary
The Treasury Analyst works under limited supervision supporting
Global Marriott Vacations Worldwide (MVW) treasury organization.
Responsible for forecasts, audits, analysis, and reports on the
daily movement of cash generated from global business operations
specific to credit card and/or receivables processing. The
incumbent prepares, creates, and terminates merchant id's (mids)
for global sites, domestic sites, corporate departments, and
Condominium Owner Associations. In addition, assists site and
corporate associates with routine merchant services inquiries. The
Analyst performs transactions in compliance with internal control
policies and completes special projects as required to ensure
continuous improvement of all cash management processes.
Generic Expected Contributions
Specific Expected Contributions
- Supports day to day processes around merchant services activity
specific to an international portfolio (multi-region,
- Provide financial reporting to Treasury Senior Leaders on
credit card and receivables activity. Prepare budgets and analyze
card processing and receivables activity for trends (transaction
costs, refunds, chargebacks). Highlight opportunities for financial
or operational improvements. Facilitate discussions with Treasury
Senior Leaders on appropriate mitigation for areas of concern.
- Facilitate quarterly audit on all processor/acquirer/gateway
systems and/or applications to support internal audit and MVW
Corporate PCI review.
- Work with Treasury Leadership to obtain documentation from
international acquirers/processors to support MVW Corporate PCI
- Assist Business Line teams with research on credit card and/or
receivables activity and chargebacks.
- Process data requests and respond to queries from
processors/acquirers (i.e. transaction release, transaction
queries, refunds with no charges).
- Respond to Card Brand (Visa/MC/AMEX/Discover) and processor
requests for updated Tax Identification Number (TIN). Ensure
requests are submitted timely in order to ensure MVW entities are
not subject to tax withholding.
- Assist domestic sites and corporate departments in resolving
routine problems and questions with merchant services
- Work with Business Line teams to obtain documentation required
to complete applications for opening new merchant id's (MID's).
Assist Business Line teams with obtaining appropriate Know Your
Customer (KYC) data and documentation.
- Submit applications and required documentation to
processors/acquirers/gateways to support requests for new merchant
- Follow up on merchant id requests submitted to
processors/acquirers/gateway to ensure timely completion.
- Work with Project Teams and/or gateway providers to ensure
desired connectivity with new merchant id's.
- Process requests to close MVWC international corporate, site,
and Condominium Owner Association's (COA) merchant id's
- Maintains detailed database of all global merchant id
information (mid numbers, settlement account numbers, authorized
- Review semi-annual Card Brands releases. Focus on impacts to
MVW business lines. Work with processors/acquirers to analyze
financial impacts. Work with Treasury Leadership to communicate
upcoming changes to Business Line leaders.
- Manage special projects specific to merchant services and/or
receivables processing (i.e. requests for new payment channels
and/or connectivity to systems and/or applications). Work with
Treasury Leadership to identify potential vendors, evaluate vendor
offerings, and facilitate decisions on new vendors.
- Routinely assists department leaders in daily departmental
activities, domestic and international, as well as with special and
long-term project initiatives.
- Utilizes professional knowledge and skills to improve
departmental controls and enhance continuous improvement of
Generic Candidate Profile
Successful candidates should possess knowledge and experience
and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship skills as
Usually a professional position with general knowledge in a
discipline (i.e., Accounting, Human Resources, Information
Resources). College degree and/or related experience typically
Specific Candidate Profile
- BS degree in Finance or related field or equivalent work
- Three (3) years' experience in treasury, merchant services,
accounting, banking or cash management
- International cash management experience a plus
- Experience in the timeshare industry beneficial
- Proven ability to work under pressure and achieve goals in
deadline driven conditions
- Proven ability to pay attention to details in an environment of
- Intermediate levels of proficiency in Microsoft programs, e.g.,
Access, Excel, and Word
- Proven track record of integrity and professional ethics
- Effective communication skills to explain complex transactions
in simple terms
- Exceptional internal customer support and service
- Strong work planning, priority, and time management skills
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer
committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive
Keywords: Marriott Vacations Worldwide, Lakeland , Treasury Analyst, Other , Lakeland, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!