About South Florida State College:
South Florida State College is an open-access, higher education
institution dedicated to providing a learning-centered environment
through quality programs, training, and services. Working in
partnership with organizations and communities, the college
provides leadership and a comprehensive range of opportunities for
the educational, cultural, and economic development of the service
SFSC is proud to be tobacco-free.
Part-time, temporary* position to assist with classroom
activities, record keeping, and provide other instructional support
as needed. Typical work schedule: Monday-Thursday, 6:00-9:00 p.m.
- Term-by-term, as-needed, based on program scheduling and
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exhibits good communication skills and cooperation with all
College staff, students and community.
- Grades daily work of students and records scores as
- Assists students with their assignments, providing tutorial
assistance as needed.
- Provides clerical support to instructor as required, including,
but not limited to, keeping attendance records, creating and
maintaining files, efficient use of materials and supplies,
answering telephones, retrieving mail, typing, copying, filing,
- Administers, proctors, and scores assessment and other
- Manages classroom and supervises learning activities in the
absence of assigned instructor.
- Contributes to unit planning, assessment, and college
institutional effectiveness efforts.
- Acts in accordance with College policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Educational: High school diploma or equivalency required.
Associate degree preferred.
Experiential: In-field experience strongly preferred. Classroom
instruction or instructional assistance experience preferred.
Other: Bilingual (Spanish/English) required.
Classification: Part-Time Instructional Support
Reports To: Assigned Instructional Supervisor
Posting Date: February 10, 2020
Hourly Rate: $11.48 (12 hrs/wk)
Open Until Filled
SOUTH FLORIDA STATE COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL ACCESS/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
Applicants with disabilities who need assistance in the
application or hiring process should contact: Human Resources,
863-784-7132, or send written request to:
South Florida State College
ATTN: Director, Human Resources
EA/EO & ADA Officer
600 West College Drive
Avon Park, FL 33825
To apply for this position please click the "Apply Now" button
and complete the application process. Resumes are optional.
If you experience trouble with the application process, please
click here to contact the help desk.
Returning Applicant Login.