Sr Engineer - Mechanical
Company: Seminole Electric Cooperative, Inc.
Location: Bowling Green
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Position Summary Description
Manage and coordinate engineering activities in support of the
operations and maintenance of the power plant to improve
reliability, operability and maintainability. Develop, plan and
implement capital and major expense projects that are within budget
and on schedule.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or applicable
equivalent training and education. Registration as a Professional
Engineer in the state of Florida is preferred. Eight (8) years of
engineering experience in large, modern power plants or industrial
facilities dealing with design, construction, operation and
maintenance. Experience must include the development of detailed
technical specifications, detailed economic studies, evaluation and
analysis, or complex engineering problems.
Core Competencies: Adaptable, Collaborative, Conscientious,
Critical-Thinking, Outcome-Driven and Professional
- Problem analysis
- Analytical thinking
- Knowledge of power plant design, operations, and
- Project development, planning and implementation
- Cost / Benefit Analysis
- Technical drawing interpretation and modification
- Equipment, system and process assessments
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Effective verbal/nonverbal, listening and written
- Time Management
- Quality Control/Continuous Improvement
- Attention to Detail
- Following Directions
- Facilitation and coordination
- Ensures that standard engineering specifications, procedures
and practices are updated per technological developments.
- Controls the activities of outside consultants and contractors
to ensure that projects are completed in a timely manner and meets
the obligations of the contract.
- Reviews proposal evaluations and recommendations with
department managers to determine the best alternatives.
- Reviews proposed engineering design modifications developed by
co-workers to ensure the completeness and applicability of their
- Reviews potential and existing vendors to ensure their
capability of providing equipment and/or systems that are reliable
- Conducts or leads others in design, operability or
maintainability studies for plant operating systems and
- Prepares specifications and engineering drawings for bid
- Develops budgetary estimates for projects
- Inspects major plant equipment such as boilers, turbines,
precipitators, tanks etc.
- Assists in the creation and updating of ten year project
- Evaluates bid proposals and makes recommendations for award of
- Investigates need for engineering changes to existing equipment
- Conducts economic, operating and maintenance feasibility
studies of complex engineering situations and systems.
- Conducts analysis of complex engineering problems and design
deficiencies and recommends solutions to management.
- Leads a project team in managing and coordinating
- Prepares engineering progress reports dealing with design,
construction, budget, cash flow and manufacturing activities
associated with assigned projects.
- Organizes and conducts training programs.
- Takes a proactive approach regarding personal safety, safety of
others and complies with all OSHA and SECI safety rules. Must
complete all necessary online or classroom safety courses as
directed. Must participate in safety briefings and meetings.
- Take a proactive approach regarding environmental rules and
regulations governing the operation of the plant. Must complete all
necessary online or classroom environmental courses as directed.
Required to immediately report any environmental reportable
- Performs other duties as applicable to the position or as
Must be able to work and access all locations of the plant and
grounds. Must be able to climb stairs, ladders and scaffolds. Must
be able to follow established protective measures including wearing
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Must have a valid driver's
license and an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report.
Required to respond to calls and work extended hours when
needed. Some travel and work outside of normal business hours.
While working in certain areas of the plant, there is the potential
for exposure to hazards typical of an industrial working
environment, including extreme temperatures and conditions.
Keywords: Seminole Electric Cooperative, Inc., Lakeland , Sr Engineer - Mechanical, Other , Bowling Green, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!