Sr Software Engineer
Company: Parks, Experiences and Products
Location: Polk City
Posted on: September 21, 2022
"We make magic." That's our motto at Walt Disney Parks and
Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you will
help inspire that magic by allowing our teams to push the limits of
entertainment and create the never-before-seen!The Senior Software
Engineer, Supply Chain Technology, applies practical knowledge of
software development and engineering to conceive, design, and
develop scalable software solutions using modern development
paradigms (e.g. CI/CD, agile, product, cloud, and DevOps).
Reporting to the Technology Manager of Supply Chain, you will lead
completion of tasks through yours and other engineers' work. You'll
provide technical guidance and act as a point of escalation and
technical expert.You Will: -
- Owns the design and development of software fixes,
enhancements, components, and/or new software systems and
- Drives development of components through own and work of the
- Develops technical solutions that meet specifications and that
impact future developments.
- Executes assigned component level software development projects
and major fixes using new or existing technologies.
- Designs and develops specifications for assigned components,
projects or fixes.
- Reviews and writes code that meets quality gates.
- Writes and executes unit and functional tests.
- Owns programming, testing and debugging of applications or
fixes to existing applications.
- Creates protocols, documentation and tools for installation and
- Participates in setting the architectural direction for
software development projects.
- Designs specific components for assigned projects, developing
specifications for each.
- Designs, develops, manages, creates and maintains technical
components and templates.
- Full stack developer, comfortable with front-end development,
back-end development and integration between large scale ERP
systems. - Own end-to-end troubleshooting.
- Interacts and coordinates deliverables with other technical
groups in the organization.
- Executes assigned component level projects using new or
- Performs level 3 troubleshooting and review of issues.
- Participates in conceiving and setting the architectural
direction for development projects.
- Designs the component tasks of assigned projects, developing
specifications for each
- Serves as a high level technical resource and "go-to" person
for less experienced developers, providing technical guidance and
- Coordinates team members in finding root-cause of problems and
- Recommends improvements to processes, technology, and
interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team.You have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar field or
related work experience.
- Seven years of progressively related experience in design,
development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume
software systems and components, client-facing web applications,
and interfaces between ERP systems. -Significant
knowledge/experience in relevant technologies, such as:
- Development Tools (Git, CI/CD, Maven, Jenkins)
- JSON Messaging
- Web Services (SOAP & REST)
- Experience designing and developing Server-Side applications
running in Google Cloud Platform (GCP) using Java / Python.
- Experience with GCP Dataflow and Pub/Sub---Soft Skills & Other
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, self-organized, delivers quality and capable
of tracking multiple pieces of work simultaneously
- Mentoring and guidance skills
- Ability to handle virtual teams and work with resources in
multiple sites (onsite, offshore, near shore)
- Excellent time management skillsAdditional Information
Keywords: Parks, Experiences and Products, Lakeland , Sr Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Polk City, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!