Director of Information Technology
Company: WOT Inc.
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Title: Director of Information Technology Reports to:
CEO*Company OverviewWOT is a full service educational solutions
provider based in Polk County, Florida. WOT provides turnkey
solutions to charter and non traditional schools to increase their
operational efficiency and empower students to achieve their
academic and socio economic goals.Position SummaryThe Director of
Information Technology will oversee the use of Information
technology (IT). You will be the one to devise the WOT's IT
strategy and ensure that all systems necessary to support its
operations and objectives are in place. The goal is to ensure that
information technology adds the maximum value to our company so as
to facilitate the success of our business.Key Responsibilities
- Set objectives and strategies for the IT department
- Create business value through technology.
- Ensure tech systems and procedures lead to outcomes in line
with business goals.
- Manage IT and development team personnel.
- Review and submit for approval to CEO vendor negotiations and
- Establish IT policies, strategies, and standards.
- Develop and review technology futures and budgets.
- Select and implement suitable technology to streamline all
internal operations and help optimize their strategic benefits
- Design and customize technological systems and platforms to
improve customer experience
- Plan the implementation of new systems and provide guidance to
IT professionals and other staff within the organization
- Identify, gather, organize and review purchases of
technological equipment and software and establish partnerships
with IT vendors and providers
- Oversee the technological infrastructure (networks and computer
systems) in the organization to ensure optimal performance
- Direct and organize IT-related projects
- Monitor changes or advancements in technology to discover ways
WOT can gain competitive advantage
- Analyze the costs, value and risks of information technology to
advise CEO and suggest actions
- Catalog, track and oversee the use of Title I/Federal Grant
- Consult with administration, department managers, and
manufacturing representatives to exchange information, present new
approaches, and to discuss equipment/system changes.
- Create a cost-benefit analysis as well as supporting a detailed
definition of data requirements and departmental workflows.
- Oversee Internet, phone and computer operations
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the information technology
department including directing staff, who support administrative
computing, networking, user services, telecommunications and other
information technology functions.
- Prepare and conduct technology training sessions
- When needed, support technicians in the service and maintenance
of server hardware, computer systems and software inventory
- Other duties as assignedMinimum QualificationsRequirements
- Proven experience as CIO or similar managerial role
- Excellent knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure
- Background in designing/developing IT systems and planning IT
- Solid understanding of data analysis, budgeting and business
- Experience with E-Rate a plus
- Superior analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- A strong strategic and business mindset
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- BSc/BA in computer science, engineering or relevant field;
MSc/MA will be preferred*Job Type: Full-timePay: $48,500.00 -
$65,000.00 per yearBenefits:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- Monday to FridayWork Location: One location
Keywords: WOT Inc., Lakeland , Director of Information Technology, IT / Software / Systems , Lakeland, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!