HR Generalist - Southeast
Company: Oldcastle APG
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Job ID: - 420459Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading
global supplier of building and landscaping products. Its product
portfolio includes hardscapes and masonry, packaged cement mixes,
lawn and garden materials, and composite decking sold through a
variety of channels for residential and commercial use. Oldcastle
APG is the leading producer of hardscapes in North America and
Europe and the innovator behind many of the industry's well-known
brands: Belgard hardscapes, Echelon masonry, Sakrete bagged dry
mixes, and MoistureShield composite decking. With over 260
operating locations and approximately 8,500 employees, Oldcastle
APG operates across 7 countries in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.Job
SummaryThe HR Generalist serves as a liaison between management and
employees, aligning people with business requirements for skillsets
and behaviors. Partnering with local management, regional staff,
corporate staff and the VP/GM will be vital to the role.
Administers and executes policies relating to all aspects of Human
Resources including payroll practices and employee benefit
- Partners with employees and management to communicate various
Human Resources and Payroll policies, procedures, laws, standards
and government regulations.
- Supports talent management review and succession planning
processes, helping shape the future organization by aligning needs
of the business with employee strengths while planning to address
gaps through training or repositioning.
- Assists in assessing current organizational strengths and makes
recommendation for improvement, from building on existing
competencies to adjusting org structure to best serve the
- Observes legal requirements and government reporting
regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures
compliance with policies, procedures, and reporting.
- Key participant in all aspects of the onboarding of new
personnel including; recruiting, interviewing, background checks,
employment references and drug screenings. This may involve outside
vendors for temp labor
- Administers all employee benefits, retirement, insurance and
employee assistance programs.
- Coordinates Annual business meetings as needed.
- Reviews, assesses and initiates any changes needed to current
processes, content or procedures to best fit with the needs of the
business and align with broader Oldcastle policies.
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the
job maybe assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as
needed.Experience / Skill Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or equivalent business
- PHR or SPHR preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred
- Minimum three years' experience in Human Resources
- Excellent interpersonal, intercultural and communication
skills, in-person and written.
- Able to present information and respond to questions from
managers, employees and the public as needed
- Able to coach employees and management through complex
- The ability to research and analyze various types of data.
- Able to properly manage confidential information.
- Travel up to 50% of the timeWhat CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and
internal promotionAbout CRHCRH has a long and proud heritage. We
are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional
companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family.
CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows
you to work in a small company environment while having the career
opportunities of large international organization.If you're up for
a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and
apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our
official employment application. Please complete your online
profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system
allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you
for your interest! Oldcastle APG, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative
Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.EOE/Vet/Disability--If you
want to know more, please click on this -. - -
Keywords: Oldcastle APG, Lakeland , HR Generalist - Southeast, Human Resources , Lakeland, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!