Production Forklift Operator
Company: Pactiv Evergreen
Location: Plant City
Posted on: January 26, 2023
**Great Benefits Including:**
+ **4,000 Sign on Bonus**
+ **Education Assistance**
+ **Vacation and Holiday Pay**
1. Works to ensure that the supply of materials will remain
continuous so that the production process is not halted and the
demands of our customers are met.
2. Supply OSI with skids.
3. Loads skids onto Press. Removes skids and transfers to OSII or
4. Use RF gun to track WIP.
5. Other duties as assigned.
**Specific Safety Responsibilities:**
1. Report any unsafe conditions that are encountered.
2. Report any injury or near miss to Team Leader immediately.
3. Do not perform a duty that appears to be unsafe without
consulting a Team Leader.
4. Recognize hazards of the job and learn how to avoid them.
5. Follow BJAs and SOPs.
6. Observe all Safety Rules.
7. Wear safety equipment and protective devices as required:
steel-toe shoes, hearing protection, cut-gloves, harness, etc.
8. Keep work area clean and uncluttered.
9. Conduct safe behavior observation on a weekly basis, 4 a month
**Specific SQF Responsibilities:**
1. Adhere to the Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) policy.
2. Every Pactiv Evergreen team member has a responsibility for
ensuring the products we produce are safe and of good quality.
3. Personally act with behaviors consistent with achieving and
maintaining Safe Quality Foods certification.
4. Behavior in the facility, and on equipment, shall not compromise
the food safety goals.
5. Follow responsibilities for this job description on make ready,
start up, or change over/line clearance procedure.
6. Do not run unsafe product.
7. Support the goal of producing a food safe product by following
all programs, policies, SOPs as well as GMPs.
8. Report and/or fix problem that creates a Food Safety Hazard.
9. Place suspect product on precautionary hold.
**Specific Functional Responsibilities:**
1. Must be able to accurately observe correct paths of travel and
areas for product placement.
2. Must be able to communicate and exchange information with
3. Must be able to operate equipment including desktop computers
and handheld devices, firmly grasp tools and machinery.
4. Climbing off and on forklift (height of 3 feet) for a minimum of
20 times per day.
5. Looking over shoulder to right and left while reversing or
driving backwards with product load up to 8 hours in one day.
6. Bending at the waist, squatting with legs and knees, stooping
with neck and back, reaching with shoulders and arms briefly up to
a couple times a day.
7. Operate right handed operating controls (little pressure
required but frequent grabbing of controls
8. Sitting stationary on forklift for 8 to 12 hours
9. Changing battery (max. 3116lbs) using hoist; will require some
upper body control of swinging battery (abdominals and shoulders)
10. Looking up to 45 degrees tilting neck back when pulling orders,
and putting pallet in racks
11. Climbing up and down stairs
12. Driving over ramps and dock plates - some jarring to back
13. Going up and down ramps with forklift
14. Tagging pallets -placing tickets on pallets , reaching over
shoulder height (about 6ft vertical)
15. The team member is required to be able to perform the above
tasks, with or without reasonable accommodation.
**Pactiv Evergreen Inc.** (NASDAQ: PTVE) is a leading manufacturer
and distributor of fresh foodservice and food merchandising
products and fresh beverage cartons in North America and certain
international markets. It supplies its products to a broad and
diversified mix of companies, including full service restaurants
and quick service restaurants, foodservice distributors,
supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers, other food
stores, food and beverage producers, food packers and food
processors. To learn more about the company, please go to the
company website at pactivevergreen.com.
25 miles east of Tampa, Plant City is an incorporated city in
Hillsborough County, Florida, approximately midway between Brandon
and Lakeland along Interstate 4. The population was 34,721 at the
The Evergreen Packaging Plant City Carton Converting Facility is
located in Plant City, Florida, less thanan hour outside Tampa and
its amenities and beautiful beaches. Opened in 1992 and expanded in
1998 with 195 team members, the facility prints and die cuts
refrigerated gable top cartons for a variety of global brands found
in retail groceries throughout the US.
**Pactiv Evergreen** is committed to a diverse and inclusive
workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual
orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or
mental disability, genetic information, gender identity and/or
expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics
or statuses protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please call (847) 482-4320
or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO
guidelines and applicable laws.
\#IND1P #CB1 #ZRH
**Job Locations** _US-FL-Plant City_
**Position Type** _Full Time_
**Pay Type** _Hourly_
Keywords: Pactiv Evergreen, Lakeland , Production Forklift Operator, Hospitality & Tourism , Plant City, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!