Company: Pactiv Evergreen - North America
Location: Plant City
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Come Build Your Career at Pactiv Evergreen!Immediately hiring
Press Technicians! Entry level, No experience necessary. High
School grads apply!Now offering a $4,000.00 sign on bonus*!Paid out
in two sumsAvailable shifts:Rotation shift every two weeksWe have
three 8 hour shifts. 1st: 7AM - 3PM; 2nd: 3PM - 11PM; 3rd: 11PM -
7AMMust be able to work all three shifts.Compensation:Starting rate
is $16.00 an hourRotation Premium: $0.50 an hourShift Differential:
2nd -+ $0.25; 3rd -+ $0.30Eligible for plant gainsharing quarterly,
based on plant productivityBenefits:Full medical, dental,
visionCompany paid Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, and
Accidental Death & DismembermentAncillary Benefits availableCompany
401K match, 100% up to 6% ee contributionWellness Incentive
- Follows job production schedule by using the Production Sheet
to verify accuracy and records on Makeready Checklist.
- Prepares next print job by checking production schedule for
project #, picking up plates from staging area, checking each plate
for color codes and plate codes, and completing Make Ready Check
List and verifying correct board grade from Docket sheet.
- Assists with changeovers by removing all printing plates,
cleaning and replacing printing plates.
- Loads paper onto press and recording time of splice onto Roll
- Manually splices rolls occasionally, hand cutting, and taping
rolls together at any part of equipment.
- Monitors and cleans ink on impression cylinders by using
alcohol and rag, and manually turn the cylinder to clean off
- Monitors bar codes on cartons by using scanner to verify UPC
code is printed properly.
- Monitors running roll for defects and alignment while hanging
- Report any defects to Quality.
- Performs abhesive checks.
- Performs quality checks at start-up and every hour by checking
functions and completing Quality Check Sheet to include date, time,
Skid #, board issues, fold & dips, ink drips, varnish, adhesive,
scum, UPC code, Cut to Scores, etc.
- Prints WIP label from WIP tracking system.
- Prepares completed Skids by covering in plastic sheet and
attaching skid label.
- Prepares print units by cleaning blankets and hanging plates
for new jobs.
- Troubleshoots cartons kicked out of register by catching
manually, reviewing for issues, discarding cartons, and notifying
- Maintains area cleanliness.
- Performs frequent visual checks on printed cartons by pulling
several cartons from each stream and checking for color bars,
abhesive, defects, scum, color variation, and laminate in seal
- Performs preventive maintenance on equipment by cleaning and
scraping using solvents and tools.
- Other duties as assigned.**Qualifications:**
- MUST HAVE HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR GED
- Must work rotating shifts
- Standing 8-12 hours per shift on concrete
- Lifting up to 30lbs on occasion when hand and waste stacking
most to all of the shift
- Turning while carrying 40lbs about 40 times per shift
- Stretching to max width 40 to tear tape 30 times a shift
- Moving 30 rolls per shift with ergo roll movers
- Kneeling on hard concrete surface to splice web, occasionally
for 10 minute periods
- Pushing a 40 lb. load five times per shift
- Placing up to 40lbs load to floor level five times per
- Lifting up to 40lbs load from floor level five times per
- Moving wooden pallets 40 lb. by hand
- Ascending and descending from a vertical ladders up to 15 feet
from ground to platform
- Crouching for 2-5 min. up to 15 times per shift cleaning
blankets in a lateral motion
- Stooping to pick up two objects every 7-10 min at rollstand (3
- Pulling hand pallet jacks with loads of up to 1500 lb.
- Sweeping cutting motion from 5 feet to floor level (golfers
- Cutting across 38 roll with retractable knife 60 times per
- Rolling 2000lbs, 5 feet diameter rolls onto an air pallet and
positioning onto rollstand chucks
- Reaching above head to pull web about 10lbs of force
- Mopping/sweeping daily
- Bending to floor level and folding kraft wrap, picking up and
placing in baler 30 times per shift
- Removing core plugs with metal hand pole with ramming
- Emptying trash cans into compactor up to 50lbs.
- Moving 55 gallon drums with drum dolly once per month
- Push 100lb cart up ramp
- The team member is required to be able to perform the above
tasks, with or without reasonable accommodation.Pactiv Evergreen
Inc. (NASDAQ: PTVE) is a leading manufacturer and distributor of
fresh foodservice and food merchandising products and fresh
beverage cartons in North America and certain international
markets. It supplies its products to a broad and diversified mix of
companies, including full service restaurants and quick service
restaurants, foodservice distributors, supermarkets, grocery and
healthy eating retailers, other food stores, food and beverage
producers, food packers and food processors. To learn more about
the company, please go to the company website at
pactivevergreen.com.25 miles east of Tampa, Plant City is an
incorporated city in Hillsborough County, Florida, approximately
midway between Brandon and Lakeland along Interstate 4. The
population was 34,721 at the 2010 census.The Evergreen Packaging
Plant City Carton Converting Facility is located in Plant City,
Florida, less thanan hour outside Tampa and its amenities and
beautiful beaches. Opened in 1992 and expanded in 1998 with 195
team members, the facility prints and die cuts refrigerated gable
top cartons for a variety of global brands found in retail
groceries throughout the US.Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age
national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic
information, gender identity and/or expression, marital status,
veteran status or other characteristics or statuses protected by
law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an
accommodation, please -call (847) 482-4320 or email
TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.All information will be kept confidential
according to EEO guidelines and applicable laws.You should be
- Machine Setups for Production Runs
- Mechanical Troubleshooting Skills
- Packaging Experience
- Excellent Communication SkillsSalary info:$16 - $18 / hr
Keywords: Pactiv Evergreen - North America, Lakeland , Press Technician, Hospitality & Tourism , Plant City, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!