Posted on: September 22, 2022
Why do people love eating in our caf at Sam's Club? Our members
tell us one of the biggest reasons is our hard-working and
happy-to-help caf associates. Do you have a passion for preparing
food? Our cafe associates listen to our member's needs, prepare
their food orders and provide fast and friendly service. We take
pride in every aspect of our work and perform it with energy and
enthusiasm. We need strong team players, with a commitment to
serving our members and creating the warm and friendly environment
they deserve - serving up a meal just like at home! Be a part of a
team that offers customers more of what they love, for less.
You will sweep us off our feet if:
* You have a passion for and experience with fresh food
* You keep member satisfaction as your top priority
* You're a solution seeker and innovator who tackles obstacles
* You're comfortable with change and quickly adapt to different
* You're a curious and creative thinker, driving change through
You will make an impact by:
* Ensuring high-quality products are fresh, ready, and available in
* Ensuring shelves are clean, maintaining temperature control,
verifying expiration dates, and disposing of lesser-quality food
* Packing ready-to-sell products in proper containers and stock
* Preparing and serving ready-to-eat food
* Maintaining a clean, sanitized, and member-ready area
The caf associate role is a great way to start a fulfilling career
at Sam's Club. Apply now!
The above information has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed
to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees
assigned to this job. The full job description can be made
available as part of the hiring process.
What you'll do...
* Be a Team Member: Maintains up-to date knowledge of product
specifications related to prepared food merchandise; collaborating
with cross functional teams and helping educate other associates on
tools, tasks and resources; communicating effectively with the
members of the team; and being flexible to the needs of the
business to work in other areas.
* Be an Expert: Prepares food according to item specifications;
understanding and planning the future productions and mass
productions; preparing for seasonality; adhering to food safety
standards, sanitation guidelines, cold chain compliance, inventory
management; operating, maintaining, and sanitizing equipment; and
demonstrating an understanding of product and layout execution.
* Be a Techie: Leverages digital tools to drive sales, improve the
shopping experience, and elevate associate engagement; utilizing
hand held technology to make immediate business decisions related
to production, ordering merchandise, receiving club pick up orders,
training, and product quality with the member in mind; adapting to
new tools and encouraging others to use them.
* Be an Owner: Drives the performance of the area; stocking and
rotating merchandise; ensuring quality and date control standards;
eliminating waste; providing member service by acknowledging the
member and identifying member's needs; assisting members with
purchasing decisions; payment types; locating merchandise; and
resolving member issues and concerns.
* Be a Talent Ambassador: Being a brand advocate; developing,
influencing and inspiring others for working in a style that is
respectful, supportive and team oriented; understanding the
roadblocks and assisting in training them.
* Complies with company policies, procedures, and standards of
ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; using
the Open Door Policy; and applying these in executing business
processes and practices.
* Completes work assignments and priorities by using policies,
data, and resources; collaborating with managers, co-workers,
customers, and other business partners; identifying priorities,
deadlines, and expectations; carrying out tasks; communicating
progress and information; determining and recommending ways to
address improvement opportunities; and adapting to and learning
from change, difficulties, and feedback.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this
position. If none are listed, there are no minimum
I acknowledge that the position for which I am applying requires me
to successfully complete all job required trainings and assessments
within a prescribed time period if I receive the position.
Must be 18 years of age or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this
position. If none are listed, there are no preferred
Food Handler Certification (Food Safety) - Certification
4600 US HIGHWAY 98 N, LAKELAND, FL 33809-3603, United States of
About Sam's Club
Sam Walton opened the first Sam's Club in 1983 to meet a growing
need among customers who wanted to buy merchandise in bulk. Since
then, Sam's Club has grown rapidly, opening more than 600 clubs in
the U.S. and 100 clubs internationally. By offering affordable,
wholesale merchandise to members, Sam's Club helps make saving
simple for families and small business owners.
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average
club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general
merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a
pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and
Sam's Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe
we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the
communities we serve live better when we really know them. That
means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique
styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions-
while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
* Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for
you & dependents
* Free Membership and discounts in fresh produce
* Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life
insurance and more
* Paid education assistance with college degrees through our Live
Better U program
* Parental Leave
* Pay during military service
* Paid time off - to include vacation, sick leave and parental
* Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work
because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on
your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are
subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program
terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see
Frequently asked questions
* On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
On average, it takes 20-30 minutes to complete your application for
the first time. Subsequent applications will take less time to
apply as our system saves some of your application information.
Please note that some positions require the completion of
assessments in order to receive consideration for that role. Those
would take additional time.
* Can I change my application after submitting?
No, you cannot change your application after submitting, so please
make sure that everything is finalized before you hit the submit
* How do you protect my personal information?
Processing of information on paper is minimal, and Walmart
processes application information using an applicant tracking
system (ATS). Access to the data within the ATS is restricted to
authorized personnel, and the system itself is held to high
security standards by Walmart.
* What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for open
* Internet Explorer 8.0+
* Firefox 4.0+
* Safari 4.0+
* Chrome 12+
See All FAQs
Recently viewed jobs
Keywords: Wal-Mart, Lakeland , Cafe Associate, Hospitality & Tourism , Lakeland, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!