Area Sales Manager - Agriculture/Crops
Company: Locus Agricultural Solutions (Locus AG)
Posted on: January 16, 2022
At Locus Agricultural Solutions, the Area Sales Manager is
responsible to develop long term relationships with current and
prospective customers through account management best practices,
hands-on field support, and utilization of effective sales
techniques. The Area Sales Manager is the customer's primary point
of contact for all product and service related inquires and
accountable for developing a trusted advisor relationship with key
accounts, customer stakeholders, and internal leadership. Come join
a hardworking group that is dedicated to improving the health of
the agricultural industry!
Reports to: Director of Sales, East
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Serve as the customer's primary contact for all product and
service-related questions. Ensure a complete understanding of the
customer's needs and recommend and execute solutions that satisfy
- Develop in depth relationships with decision makers at key
accounts that result in long-term favorable relationship.
- Provide agronomy expertise to decision makers through
demonstrating an understanding of customers' unique challenges and
recommending solutions that integrate Locus' product offerings into
- Collaborate with various departments to anticipate obstacles
and proactively communicate to resolve foreseeable challenges. Make
recommendations to improve processes.
- Support sales efforts including direct corporate farm sales as
well as distribution support.
- Perform in field product testing, including taking soil samples
for evaluation. Formalize and present the findings to the customer
to show positive product results.
- Travel to conduct on site visits regularly with current and
prospective customer accounts.
- Conduct product application and product application
demonstrations as needed.
- Maintain detailed records of customer interactions through
approved method of CRM.
- Stay current with knowledge and understanding of the industry
and crops business in the assigned region's market.
- Attend sales training, sales meetings, events, and
- Maintain timely communications with sales personnel,
management, and internal and external stakeholders.
- Contribute to building an effective account management process
with established expectations for contacting customers, visiting
customers, requesting referrals, and introducing new product
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in an agronomy role, ideally
pertaining to soil health, seeds, ag chemical, crop
- Strong understanding of regional row crop market.
- Interest in regenerative agriculture practices and the future
of carbon farming.
- Focus on soil enhancement.
- Ability to travel including overnight.
- Communication, negotiation, relationship, and leadership
- Ability to identity and analyze sales opportunities.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the
ability to plan and prioritize tasks to meet required deadlines
with little to no supervision.
- Ability to adapt to change of schedule and fast-paced, changing
- Proven written, verbal and presentation communication
- Proficient Microsoft Email, Word, Excel, Power Point and Teams,
and collaboration tools.
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in an agricultural or related field
- Agronomic understanding of other specialty crops grown in the
- Minimum of 5 years' proven success in an Ag Sales or Account
Management position. Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, & Vision coverages
- Short Term Disability & Life coverage
- Free Mental Health Counseling for you and your family
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Match
- 16 Paid Days Off
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Continuing Education Assistance
- Wellness Incentives
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Locus Agricultural SolutionsLocus AG is a certified B Corp that
develops award-winning soil probiotics with unmatched abilities to
accelerate carbon sequestration, reduce nitrous oxide emissions,
enhance nutrient uptake and boost yields. Farmers reap the benefits
of higher profits, lower operating costs and new revenue streams
through the company's globally recognized CarbonNOW-- carbon
Keywords: Locus Agricultural Solutions (Locus AG), Lakeland , Area Sales Manager - Agriculture/Crops, Hospitality & Tourism , Lakeland, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!