SQF (Safe Quality Food) Practitioner
Company: Pactiv Corporation
Location: Plant City
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Overview Pactiv Evergreen Inc. (NASDAQ: PTVE) is a leading
manufacturer and distributor of fresh foodservice and food
merchandising products and fresh beverage cartons in North America
and certain international markets. It supplies its products to a
broad and diversified mix of companies, including full service
restaurants and quick service restaurants, foodservice
distributors, supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers,
other food stores, food and beverage producers, food packers and
food processors. To learn more about the company, please go to the
company website at pactivevergreen.com. 25 miles east of Tampa,
Plant City is an incorporated city in Hillsborough County, Florida,
approximately midway between Brandon and Lakeland along Interstate
4. The population was 34,721 at the 2010 census. The Evergreen
Packaging Plant City Carton Converting Facility is located in Plant
City, Florida, less thanan hour outside Tampa and its amenities and
beautiful beaches. Opened in 1992 and expanded in 1998 with 195
team members, the facility prints and die cuts refrigerated gable
top cartons for a variety of global brands found in retail
groceries throughout the US. Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age
national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic
information, gender identity and/or expression, marital status,
veteran status or other characteristics or statuses protected by
law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an
accommodation, please call or email . All information will be kept
confidential according to EEO guidelines and applicable laws.
Responsibilities This Position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
Summary: This position will be to lead Food Safety and training
programs at the Plant City facility. Each converting facility
manager shall appoint a minimum of two SQF Practitioners that are
versed in the Code and HACCP trained with the competency to
implement and maintain a HACCP based food safety system. Essential
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the current total food safety process. This includes the
HACCP system, regulatory audits and documentation, standard
operating procedures (SOP's), food safety audits, field complaints,
programs and policies, corrective action log, food safety drills,
- Develop and execute SQF Plans to achieve/maintain SQF
Certification at the facility and to meet all Evergreen Packaging
Corporation requirements related to food safety programs.
- Oversee plant compliance and interactions with SQF
- Help Lead Team develop and maintain systems to ensure facility
meets all SQF requirements including Document Control and Records,
Specifications, Verification and Validation, Product Identification
Trace and Withdrawal, Incident Management, Building and Equipment
Design and Construction, and Programs & Policies, etc.
- Train and maintain all training records on critical food safety
requirements. Document and maintain training registry for all Team
Members at the facility.
- Maintain all registries as required by SQF.
- Coordinate Emergency Crisis and Withdrawal response
- Oversee monitoring, verification, and validation activities to
ensure that all products leaving the facility meet the facility
Food Safety Plans.
- Provide guidance and leadership in situations where deviations
have occurred or a potential risk has been identified related to
food safety attributes.
- Reassess SQF plan(s) when ever there is a change to program,
process, procedure, ingredient, equipment, industry philosophy,
- Accepts program responsibilities corporate EP-SQF-184.108.40.206
- Participate in monthly food safety internal audit
- Ensure the integrity of the SQF system
- Communicate to relevant personnel all information essential to
ensure the effective implementation and maintenance of the SQF
- Manages programs pertinent to food safety including pest
control, janitorial, vendor/supplier audits
- Lead all SQF related Drills & training
- Lead SQF hourly team
- Maintain food safety program calendarJob Requirements:
Education and/or Experience:
- Education and/or Experience Required at Entry:
- Bachelors Degree in relevant technical field or equivalent work
- Three to five years experience in manufacturing in a training
capacity Skills, Abilities, Special Licenses or Certificate:
- HACCP Certified preferred
- Strong Technical Skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Has strong leadership abilities and is able to hold team
- Has the ability to build positive relationships with other team
leaders, process leaders, and the entire Plant City Team.
- Has demonstrated that he or she can be objective and treat
others with dignity and respect.
- Is familiar with all areas and has a strong general knowledge
of the processes in the facility along with their safety, food
safety and environmental impacts.
Keywords: Pactiv Corporation, Lakeland , SQF (Safe Quality Food) Practitioner, Hospitality & Tourism , Plant City, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!