Emergency Medicine - Nurse Practitioner/ Physician Assistant
Company: Envision Physician Services
Posted on: December 7, 2018
Emergency Medicine opening in Lakeland, Florida. This and other physician assistant jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com Post-Graduate Advanced Practice Provider (APP) Emergency Medicine Fellowship at Lakeland Regional HealthLakeland Regional Health (LRH) is an 849 bed tertiary care facility located in Lakeland, Florida. The emergency department has fully staffed and dedicated adult, pediatric and fast track departments. The newly opened Carol Jenkins Barnett Pavilion for Women and Children includes a new 33 bed pediatric emergency department. LRH is a certified chest pain center, comprehensive stroke center, and level II trauma center. The ED is staffed with 60 board-certified experienced EM and Pediatric EM physicians.Lakeland is located in West Central Florida midway between Tampa and Orlando. The Lakeland area has a population of approximately 600,000 with convenient access to both coasts and Walt Disney World.Our department offers the opportunity for APP graduates to obtain ED experience at the busiest single site ED in the United States with over 210,000 annual visits. APP Fellows will learn how to rapidly evaluate emergent, non-emergent and fast track patients. The resources of our institution, the varied patient population and the dedication to emergency department excellence offer APP graduates a unique learning environment.The Fellowship is a comprehensive 12 month clinical and didactic curriculum including:
- Boot Camp: A two week introduction to the skills that will be essential for clinical success in the ED. This includes intensive EMR training, POCUS, airway lab, suture and abscess lab, orthopedics workshop, ocular lab (slit lamp-tonometry) and basic introduction to the common presentations seen in the ED.
- Teaching Faculty and Didactics: APP Fellows will be mentored by a small group of dedicated teaching faculty. Each Wednesday, APP Fellows will have protected academic time of up to two to four hours of didactics. Presentations will be primarily from the core faculty; however guest lectures from other departments and institutions will be included to complete the educational experience. Presentations will include core content for adult and pediatric emergency medicine as well as skills labs, case reviews, and small group presentations. We also have "Nosh with Rosh", where lunch is enjoyed during Rosh EM Board Review.
- Orientation Phase: An intensive three month introduction to both adult and pediatric emergency medicine. Clinical time will include rotations in the adult and pediatric departments. Emphasis will be placed on basic skills such as EKG interpretation, radiology, documentation and the basic evaluation of common ED presentations. Exposure to the teaching faculty will be maximized.
- Clinical Internship: The APP Fellow will spend seven months rotating through the different care areas in the LRH ED as an APP with supervision from the entire ED faculty. Emphasis will be placed on expanding the APP Fellow's clinical skills to more complex procedures and case management.
- Trauma and Orthopedics: Each APP Fellow will spend one month on LRH trauma and one month on LRH orthopedic service. This will expose the APP Fellow to more acute care procedures (trauma service) and an expanded exposure to out-patient orthopedics. APP Fellows will also rotate in the OR with Anesthesia (1 morning /month) to gain experience with intubating.The program will run from September 1, 2019 through August 31, 2020. APP Fellows accepted will have a competitive financial and benefit package.Interested applicants should send the following by January 2, 2019:
- CV (Please include beginning & ending dates:(MM/YYYY to MM/YYYY)
- Cover letter with emphasis on your interest and qualifications for the APP Fellowship
- Three letters of reference including one from an EM source. - Lakeland, FL Company Information Quality people. Quality care. Quality of LIFE.(TM)Envision Physician Services is a national physician-led practice management company. This publically held company provides outsourced clinical department recruitment, staffing, management and billing/collection services for hundreds of hospitals and health systems nationwide. Known for its unique structure, Envision Physician Services develops local practices, supports them with regionally-located clinical leadership and operational personnel and provides them access to unprecedented national resources. Each Envision Physician Services practice has its own unique culture, but all sites recruit and hire clinicians who share the company's core values of being patient-focused, customer-centered and caregiver-inspired. Envision Physician Services is a family of companies, each of which has clinical staffing needs. Full-time, part-time, and independent contractor opportunities are available through Envision Physician Services. Candidates considering a career within the Envision Physician Services family of companies will find a variety of community types (from small towns to major urban areas), practice settings (small hospitals to major academic health systems), job levels (entry level to senior management), and competitive pay with exceptional benefits. Specialties supported include Emergency Medicine, Hospital Medicine, Women's and Children's, Surgery, Anesthesia and Radiology/Teleradiology. Envision Physician Services is proud to be an EOE/AA employer. Envision Physician Services is a dynamic, physician-led organization which has been offering exceptional career opportunities since 1972. With more than 14,000 affiliated providers coast-to-coast, Envision Physician Services is nationally-recognized for delivering clinical excellence supported through innovation, integration and exceptional leadership. Whether you are considering full-time, part-time or independent contractor opportunities with Envision Physician Services, you can rest assured you will be working for an industry-leader who delivers a vast array of benefits unmatched within the industry, including: Physician-led organization Strong leadership on a local, regional and national level Exceptional quality of practice backed by comprehensive support services Optimal staffing ratios and flexible scheduling options "A" rated professional liability insurance Extensive variety of practice settings coast-to-coast Competitive compensation including several benefit options Opportunities for professional development, mentoring and career advancement Comprehensive education and training on leadership, management and clinical best practices, including a wide variety of CME programs Colleague referral bonus program *Benefits vary by division, clinical specialty and employment status Keyphrases: emergency medicine jobs, critical care medicine jobs, pulmonary critical care jobs, critical care nurse practitioner jobs, surgical critical care jobs, emergency medicine specialist jobs, internal emergency medicine jobs, emergency medical care jobs, emergency cardiac care jobs, wilderness medical jobs, pediatric emergency medicine jobs, emergency medical technician jobs
Keywords: Envision Physician Services, Lakeland , Emergency Medicine - Nurse Practitioner/ Physician Assistant, Healthcare , Lakeland, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!