Medical Assistant Sr (Cardiology, Lakeland)
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Nemours is seeking a Medical Assistant Sr (Cardiology)
FULL-TIME, to join our team in Lakeland, Florida. **$3,500 Sign on
Bonus offered (External applicants only)
Located in Orlando, Fla., Nemours Children's Hospital is the newest
addition to the Nemours integrated healthcare system. Our 100-bed
pediatric hospital also features the area's only 24-hour Emergency
Department designed just for kids as well as outpatient pediatric
clinics including several specialties previously unavailable in the
region. A hospital designed by families for families, Nemours
Children's Hospital blends the healing power of nature with the
latest in healthcare innovation to deliver world-class care to the
children of Central Florida and beyond. In keeping with our goal of
bringing Nemours care into the communities we serve; we also
provide specialty outpatient care in several clinics located
throughout the region.
The Medical Assistant Sr. is an important liaison between the
patient/family, provider, and other care team members. The Medical
Assistant Sr. will coordinate patient flow, review charts for
current information, and ensure the appropriate paperwork
accompanies the patient to the room. Enter pertinent history. Act
as a resource and cross cover as needed. Serve as a trainer and
mentor to new associates.
Perform job related tasks with advanced knowledge and display an
educated understanding of their medical specialty. They must
demonstrate the ability to assess situations, bring to resolution
and serve as a resource to the department.
- Observe Medical Assistants and Roomers for technical abilities
and schedule training based on need to ensure proficiency.
- Deliver excellent customer service to the patients/families and
other care providers. Focusing on family-centered care.
- Room patients ensuring appropriate documents are with the
patient, up to and including required diagnostic reports.
- Performing clinical procedures, to include but not limited to
the following: Performing aseptic procedures
Taking vital signs
Preparing patients for the provider's care
Observing and reporting patient's signs and symptoms
- Administering basic first aid.
- Assisting with patient examination/treatment.
- Operate any required medical equipment.
- Perform and collect routine laboratory specimens as directed by
- Perform office procedures including all general administrative
duties as required.
- Act as a liaison between support services and other clinical
- Obtain authorizations according to the patient's insurance
policy for any tests, therapies, DME, etc. ordered by the
- Additional miscellaneous duties and responsibilities, as may be
assigned from time to time by employee's clinical coordinator or
Operations Manager. Job Requirements
- High School Diploma required.
- Minimum of one (1) year Medical Assistance experience
- Specialized (1 year of training beyond high school).
- Healthcare and Customer Service experience required.
- Medical Assistant Certification preferred.
- AHA BLS Certification within three months of employment and
continue to maintain as required.
**$3,500 Sign on Bonus offered (External applicants only)
Keywords: Nemours, Lakeland , Medical Assistant Sr (Cardiology, Lakeland), Healthcare , Lakeland, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!