Physical Therapist Clinical Resident - OP Rehab - Grasslands
Company: Lakeland Regional Health
Posted on: November 26, 2022
PHYSICAL THERAPIST CLINICAL RESIDENT - OP REHAB - GRASSLANDS
(JOB ID: 16065)
Work Type: Contractor
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
Work Hours per Biweekly Pay Period:
Location: Grasslands, Grasslands Campus:Lakeland:FL
Responsible to the Physical Therapist WTL and/or Department Leader.
He/she works in a self-directed work team committed to a common
purpose and goal. The Physical Therapist Clinical Resident works
within the scope of Physical Therapy. He/she is responsible to
practice within their scope of licensure in accordance with
approved policies, procedures and protocols. The Physical Therapist
Clinical Resident contributes to positive outcomes and meets the
cultural expectations of the organization by exhibiting
professional behavior. He/she shares responsibility for all aspects
of therapy and team functions. The Physical Therapist Clinical
Resident II is a temporary position available for up to a 14 month
* People At The Heart Of All We Do
- Fosters an inclusive and engaged environment through teamwork and
- Ensures patients and families have the best possible experiences
across the continuum of care.
- Communicates appropriately with patients, families, team members,
and our community in a manner that treasures all people as uniquely
* Safety And Performance Improvement
- Behaves in a mindful manner focused on self, patient, visitor,
and team safety.
- Demonstrates accountability and commitment to quality work.
- Participates actively in process improvement and adoption of
- Demonstrates responsible use of LRH's resources including people,
finances, equipment and facilities.
- Knows and adheres to organizational and department policies and
* Standard Work Duties: Physical Therapist Clinical Resident II
- Role models through professional development, continuous
learning, and improvement of competence in the practice of Physical
- Actively participates in team development, achieving dashboards,
and in accomplishing department goals and objectives.
- Performs the evaluation, treatment, and discharge planning of
patients while providing an individualized plan of care, resulting
in positive patient outcomes and effective resource
- Ensures that all patient documentation is complete, accurate,
finished in a timely manner, and reflects both patient response to
treatment and changes in plan of care based on patient
- Initiates and coordinates patient teaching, equipment needs, and
discharge planning according to identified needs; assesses
patient/family comprehension of teaching and equipment and
including them in the plan of care.
- Communicates effectively with physicians and other team members,
reports significant findings in a timely and appropriate manner,
and seeks input to plan of care.
- Facilitates multidisciplinary collaboration of care by initiating
appropriate consults when indicated.
- Provides exceptional healthcare while maintaining good
stewardship by effectively utilizing departmental resources,
demonstrating flexibility to meet patient workload, and maintaining
a high level of productivity and efficiency to ensure consistent
patient care and positive outcomes.
- Utilizes measures to promote and maintain patient, visitor, and
staff safety, including the appropriate use of infection control
principles and personal protection equipment.
Qualifications & Experience
* Bachelor Degree
* Master Degree
Education equivalent experience:
* Accredited Program for Physical Therapy
* Accredited Program for Physical Therapy
Licenses Essential: Current license as a Physical Therapist in the
state of Florida.
Certifications Essential: Per department or hospital requirements
and relevant policies
One year acute care experience. - - - - - -
Lakeland Regional Health -is an 864 bed Level II Trauma Center
located in Central Florida between Tampa and Orlando. - -As a
catalyst for community health for more than 100 years,
not-for-profit Lakeland Regional Health reaches beyond its hospital
walls to promote wellness, education, and discovery in new places
and new ways, providing a wide range of inpatient and outpatient
healthcare services at our Medical Center, Hollis Cancer Center,
and ambulatory care locations.
Allied Health professionals at Lakeland Regional Health Improve
lives through exceptional care. Our workplace is ideal for you if
you enjoy or seek:
- One-on-one patient care practices
- Access to state-of-the-art technology including three Hybrid
operating rooms at our Medical Center
- Job opportunities in pharmacy, laboratory, imaging, respiratory
- New outpatient physical rehabilitation facilities, located at
our Grasslands Campus, featuring underwater treadmill, vector and
gait harness system, LEED - Gold certified building and
- Educational enrichment via innovative programs like the Medical
Lab Science degree program with Florida Southern College which
includes a fourth year of coursework including hands-on experience
in Lakeland Regional Health's labs
Immediate openings with various shifts in the following areas:
-Rehab Services (PT, OT, PTA and COTA)
Respiratory Therapist ( Peds/NICU and Critical Care)
Radiology ( Rad Techs, CT and MRI)
-Lab (Medical Laboratory Scientists and Medical Laboratory
- Cath Lab Techs
- Surgical Techs
Competitive pay rates
Employer matched retirement fund contributions
Access to $5,000 per year in education assistance
Free continuing education credits
Benefit eligibility at 48 hours bi-weekly
Together, our Promise is YOUR HEALTH.
Keywords: Lakeland Regional Health, Lakeland , Physical Therapist Clinical Resident - OP Rehab - Grasslands, Healthcare , Lakeland, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!