Company: Barranco Clinic
Location: Winter Haven
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Job Summary/Objective:The Physician Assistant (PA) will provide
health care services to patients under the direction of a
physician. PA's are academically and clinically trained to perform
many of the routine but time-consuming tasks that physicians
usually do and are accountable for their own actions and
accountable to their supervising physicians.Essential Job
Functions:The Physician Assistant (PA) promotes and maintains
patient health by providing medical services that begin with an
initial patient consultation and continue with ongoing care and
assessment throughout the clinical relationship.
- Examines patient, takes medical history, records results, and
makes preliminary diagnosis or decides on follow-up
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and
- Administers and orders diagnostic tests such as x-rays,
electrocardiograms, and blood work, and interprets test
- Performs therapeutic procedures such as immunizations,
injections, suturing and wound care, and managing infection.
- Exercises professional judgment regarding consultation with
supervising physicians concerning appropriate treatment.
- Develops and implements patient care plans, instructs and
counsels patients, and records progress.
- Prescribes medications to the extent allowable by state
guidelines and clinic regulations.
- Provides general health education regarding matters such as
proper diet, family planning, emotional problems of daily living,
and health maintenance.The Physician Assistant (PA) assists
physician with emergency treatments and more complex procedures.
They detail the medical issue afflicting the patient and the
patient's medical history, and then submit it to the attending
doctor for consultation.
- Implements physician directives.
- Monitors the patient through office visits, pre- or
post-surgery visits, or through interactions with other medical
- Communicates clearly and compassionately with patients and
their colleagues within often stressful medical treatment settings.
Counsels patients and their families regarding treatments and
patient management plans.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying
with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to
infection-control policies and protocols. Complies with federal,
state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying
existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; and
enforcing adherence to requirements and advising management on
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops, reviewing professional publications,
establishing personal networks, and participating in professional
societies.Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a Physician Assistant Program
- Two years of experience in a clinical settingAdditional
State accreditation based on certifying exam.
- Continued employment requires 100 hours of continuing medical
education every two years and passing a recertification examination
every six years.AAP/EEO Statement
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities
to all individuals, employment decisions at SFENTA will be based on
qualifications and job related abilities. SFENTA does not
discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis
of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability,
ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or
any other characteristic protected by law. SFENTA will make
reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known
disabilities unless doing so would result in undue hardship.
Keywords: Barranco Clinic, Lakeland , Physician Assistant, Healthcare , Winter Haven, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!