Cancer Center Radiation Therapist - Rad Oncology
Company: Lakeland Regional Health
Posted on: November 24, 2022
CANCER CENTER RADIATION THERAPIST - RAD ONCOLOGY (JOB ID:
Work Type: Active - Benefit Eligible and Accrues Time Off
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
Work Hours per Biweekly Pay Period:
Location: Hollis Cancer Center, US:FL:Lakeland
The radiation therapist delivers prescribed doses of high-energy
radiation supplied and controlled through specialized radiation
equipment to meet the patient needs. They assess, implement, and
evaluate radiation therapy services consistent with professional
practice standards to optimize patient outcomes and promote
interdisciplinary communication. The radiation therapist is
responsible to practice within their scope of practice in
accordance with approved policies, procedures, and protocols.
Collaborate and coordinate with physicians and multidisciplinary
teams to ensure positive patient outcomes. Perform other related
duties as assigned.
* People At The Heart Of All We Do
- Fosters an inclusive and engaged environment through teamwork and
- Ensures patients and families have the best possible experiences
across the continuum of care.
- Communicates appropriately with patients, families, team members,
and our community in a manner that treasures all people as uniquely
* Safety And Performance Improvement
- Behaves in a mindful manner focused on self, patient, visitor,
and team safety.
- Demonstrates accountability and commitment to quality work.
- Participates actively in process improvement and adoption of
- Demonstrates responsible use of LRH's resources including people,
finances, equipment and facilities.
- Knows and adheres to organizational and department policies and
* Standard Work Duties: Cancer Center Radiation Therapist
- Actively participates in team development, achieving dashboards,
and in accomplishing department goals and objectives.
- Reviews patient's charts for physician's orders, prescribed dose
and approved treatment plan. Confers with the Radiation Oncologists
as necessary to clarify orders.
- Prepares treatment and/or simulation room and equipment for
patient's set-up. Educates patients in treatment procedures,
radiation side effects and skin care of irradiated body area.
- Positions patient utilizing appropriate equipment according to
physician prescription orders, department procedures and required
standards of accuracy.
- Assesses patient's condition based on observation and reports any
change in condition to the physician or RN. Calibrates equipment
daily as required by protocol gathering and recording the data.
- Records daily treatments and documents in the daily record any
changes to the physician orders. Monitors patient at all times
during treatment and observes NRC guidelines for radiation
- Performs simulations, obtains appropriate images, contours
critical structures, utilizes contrast, and places necessary
markings under the direction of the physician. Manufactures custom
blocking, molds and treatment devices as required by the
- Bills for procedures and devices appropriately. Reports equipment
malfunction appropriately to the manager and physicist.
- Assists in the training of new therapists.
- Educates RTT and RT students during clinical rotations. Schedules
treatment appointment times. Role models through professional
development and improvement of competence.
Qualifications & Experience
* Associate Degree
Education equivalent experience:
* Radiation Therapy Technology degree (A.S., diploma, B.S.) from an
institution accredited by an agency acceptable to the American
Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
Licenses Essential: State licensure Radiation Therapist (R.T.T.);
National Registration R.T.T. with the A.R.R.T.
Certifications: Per department or hospital requirements and
relevant policies - - - - - -
Lakeland Regional Health -is an 864 bed Level II Trauma Center
located in Central Florida between Tampa and Orlando. - -As a
catalyst for community health for more than 100 years,
not-for-profit Lakeland Regional Health reaches beyond its hospital
walls to promote wellness, education, and discovery in new places
and new ways, providing a wide range of inpatient and outpatient
healthcare services at our Medical Center, Hollis Cancer Center,
and ambulatory care locations.
Allied Health professionals at Lakeland Regional Health Improve
lives through exceptional care. Our workplace is ideal for you if
you enjoy or seek:
- One-on-one patient care practices
- Access to state-of-the-art technology including three Hybrid
operating rooms at our Medical Center
- Job opportunities in pharmacy, laboratory, imaging, respiratory
- New outpatient physical rehabilitation facilities, located at
our Grasslands Campus, featuring underwater treadmill, vector and
gait harness system, LEED - Gold certified building and
- Educational enrichment via innovative programs like the Medical
Lab Science degree program with Florida Southern College which
includes a fourth year of coursework including hands-on experience
in Lakeland Regional Health's labs
Immediate openings with various shifts in the following areas:
-Rehab Services (PT, OT, PTA and COTA)
Respiratory Therapist ( Peds/NICU and Critical Care)
Radiology ( Rad Techs, CT and MRI)
-Lab (Medical Laboratory Scientists and Medical Laboratory
- Cath Lab Techs
- Surgical Techs
Competitive pay rates
Employer matched retirement fund contributions
Access to $5,000 per year in education assistance
Free continuing education credits
Benefit eligibility at 48 hours bi-weekly
Together, our Promise is YOUR HEALTH.
Keywords: Lakeland Regional Health, Lakeland , Cancer Center Radiation Therapist - Rad Oncology, Healthcare , Lakeland, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!