RN Hospice After Hours Registered Nurse - 7 On 7 Off
Company: Amedisys Inc.
Posted on: September 24, 2022
What You Will Do
Schedule: This is a full-time, full benefited salaried position
triaging incoming calls from home and conducting patient visits
when needed. Shift is from 5 pm to 8 am, 7 on 7 off schedule.
Responsible for providing after-hours/weekend on-call nursing
service. Responds to telephone requests for assistance by
addressing the request by telephone or by making a visit that
includes skilled assessment and interventions.
- Demonstrates competency in skills required by the agency for
patient care. Has received specialty program education and has
completed satisfactory competency.
- Communicates significant findings, problems, changes in
condition or environment to the clinical manager/physician and
other members of the hospice care team.
- Assesses and reassesses physical, environmental and emotional
factors to determine hospice needs.
- Utilizes the patient's plan of care to maintain continuity of
patient care by communication with appropriate staff.
- Answers all incoming calls in a manner appropriate to the
nature of the call, completes admits, and makes follow-up visits on
patients admitted the day prior; as necessary. Handles referrals
and inquiries for services, rapidly identifies the caller's needs,
and takes proper action to assure the caller's needs are
- Maintains flow of communication between in-house staff, field
staff and other departments, for coordination of activities and
- Conducts follow up with all hospice office by phone and fax
machine to ensure quality of care and notifies Administrator and/or
- Initiates appropriate palliative nursing procedures.
Administers medications and treatments in accordance with the
patient's plan of care.
- Works in cooperation with the family/caregiver and IDT to meet
the emotional needs of the patient/family/caregiver.
- Communicates with the physician regarding the patient's needs
and reports changes in the patient's condition; obtains physician
orders as required.
- Develops, prepares, and maintains individualized patient care
progress records with accuracy, timeliness and according to
policies. Submits accurate documentation in timely manner. Records
pain/symptom management and changes/outcomes as appropriate.
- Utilizes a combination of agency resources and rationally
recognizes standards of practice to achieve excellent pain and
symptom management and high-quality end-of-life care.
- Participates in agency performance improvement
- Utilizes enterprise teaching materials in patient/family
- Actively participates in Interdisciplinary Team (IDT)
conferences with attendance requirements per DOO.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Current, unencumbered Florida license to practice as a
- Two (2 ) years of nursing experience
- Current CPR certification
- Must be able to work a 7 on 7 off schedule from 5 pm to 8
- Able to assess patient status and identify requirements
relative to age specific needs.
- Knowledge of physical, psychosocial, and spiritual needs of
terminally ill patients and their caregivers.
- Must be familiar with general use and functions of the
computer, such as, user names and password concepts; internet;
e-mail; navigation of computer desktop, including starting
programs, using files, and windows, effectively use navigation
buttons and tool bars; ability to self-manage online HR services
and online training programs.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees
and applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital
status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military
status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier
status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Keywords: Amedisys Inc., Lakeland , RN Hospice After Hours Registered Nurse - 7 On 7 Off, Healthcare , Lakeland, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!