Certified Veterinary Assistant Paid Apprenticeship
Posted on: September 24, 2022
MUST BE 18 YEARS OR OLDER TO APPLY.Want to become a Certified
Veterinary Assistant AND get paid while you learn? You don't have
to pay to go to technical school or college to earn this
credential. You can learn on-the-job alongside an amazing team and
get paid at the same time! Certified Veterinay Assistant
Apprenticeship candidates will have the opportunity of a starting
pay rate between $12 - $16/hr, with up to a $2/hr pay increase
provided training goals are met and skill proficienes are developed
at the end of the 12-month program.At Parkway Veterinary Emergency
Clinic, we have developed a one-of-a-kind program to help you learn
knowledge and skills to start your career in veterinary medicine.
No prior veterinary experience is needed! As a Veterinary
Assistant, you can truly make a difference in the lives of people
and their pets. You only need to be hungry for an opportunity to
work and committed to learning.AscendVets 12-month Veterinary
Assistant Apprenticeship Program will offer:
- In-person, interactive training the first 2 weeks of
employment, facilitated by professional trainers
- Continued coaching and support throughout your journey to
include mentors, hands-on and individual training based on the
standards outlined by the Florida Veterinary Medical
- Online learning platform that allows you to work at your own
pace during the twelve-month apprenticeship period
- Opportunity for 2 pay increases as skills and knowledge are
improved during the apprenticeship period
- Individual support to ensure you have met all Florida
Veterinary Medical Association requirements to sit for the CVA
exam; we will provide a proctor and pay your exam fee!
- Future opportunity for growth through our fully-paid Certified
Veterinary Technician Scholarship ProgramVeterinary Assistant
Apprentices will work primarily at Parkway Veterinary Emergency
Clinic during evening and weekend hours. Must be willing to work
overnight shifts, and holidays, and rotate through other AscendVets
locations as needed for training and staffing needs. The two-week
training period is expected to begin on October 3, 2022, and would
be held from8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.We would love
for you to submit your resume today! Please no calls to our
office.RequirementsThe following is a list of essential job
requirements which may be revised at any time. Additional
requirements may be assigned based on reasonable business needs.
- Ability to adhere to attendance policy.
- Any allergies to animals must be controllable through
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
- Must be willing to work long or irregular hours under pressure
- This position requires the ability to walk, bend, stand and
reach constantly during a minimum 8-hour day.
- Visual acuity sufficient to maintain accurate records,
recognize people and understand written directions.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand, give
information in person and over the telephone.
- Fine motor skills adequate for nursing skills such as
phlebotomy and utilizing hospital equipment such as computer or
tablet, radiology equipment, laboratory equipment,
etc.BenefitsCompetitive benefits package for full-time team members
- Health insurance benefit contribution (Medical, Dental &
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan ( 401k)
- Optional supplemental insurance plans
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Continuing Education and development opportunities
- Generous Pet discount
- Paid Holidays and Holiday incentive pay
- Company-provided uniformsAscendVets is an Equal Opportunity
Employer and Drug-Free Workplace. Drug screening and background
check are required for successful candidates. We request that
candidates in need of reasonable accommodation under ADA notify of
a need for accommodation.
Keywords: AscendVets, Lakeland , Certified Veterinary Assistant Paid Apprenticeship, Healthcare , Lakeland, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!