MDS Coordinator (RN) - Full Time with Benefits - Clinical Nurse Coordinator
Company: Solaris HealthCare
Location: Plant City
Posted on: September 23, 2022
MDS Coordinator (RN) - Full Time with BenefitsSolaris Healthcare
Plant City voted #19 best nursing home in the State of Florida by
Awarded Eli Facility Leadership Award
Wonderful place to work - Come see for yourself!
701 N. Wilder Road Plant City, Florida 33566
This position will encompass MDS coding, Care Planning and Care
Plan Meeting attendance for our Medicare and Managed Care
Residents. This position is full time and will work under the
supervision of the Department Manager.
The MDS Coordinator will assist the Director of Nursing with
ensuring that all documentation in the center meets Federal, State,
and Certification guidelines. The MDS Coordinator will coordinate
the entire RAI process assuring the accuracy, timeliness, and
completeness of the MDS, CAAs, and Interdisciplinary Care Plan.
* General Responsibilities
* Residents Rights
* Administrative Responsibilities
* Regulatory and Certification Responsibilities
* RAI-MDS, CAA, Care Plan Responsibilities
* Assures the completion and accuracy of the RAI Process from the
MDS through the implementation of the plan of care.
* Initiates and monitors RAI process tracking and
* Follows up with staff when necessary to assure compliance with
standards of documentation.
* Collects data for each resident and interviews staff as necessary
to assure good standard of practice and as instructed in the MDS
3.0 User's Manual.
* Facilitates accurate determination of the Assessment Reference
* Provides interdisciplinary schedule for all MDS assessments and
care plans as required by OBRA and PPS.
* Assures that appropriate signatures are obtained as required.
* Ensures that the Interdisciplinary team makes decisions for
either completing or not completing additional MDS assessments
based on clinical criteria as identified in the most recent version
of the RAI User's Manual. (Significant Change and Significant
* Assist DON or designee with identification of a significant
change, physician orders and verbal reports to assure that the MDS
and care plan are reflective of those changes.
* Coordinates scheduling and notice of resident care planning
conferences and assures communication of outcomes/problems to the
responsible staff, resident, and/or responsible party.
* Ensures all MDS information and care delivered as outlined in the
Care Plan is supported by documentation.
* Assist the Administrator/Director of Nursing with the monitoring
to ensure that a care plan is initiated on every resident upon
admission to the center.
* Participates in the daily stand-up meeting and communicates needs
for changes in PPS Timelines and Assessment Reference Dates, and
deficiencies in completion of MDS, CAAs, and Care Plans.
* Acts as resources person for computer issues that relate to the
MDS process. Contacts support when indicated.
* Attends Medicare or Utilization Review meeting as required.
* Corrects and ensures completion of final MDS and submits resident
assessment data to the appropriate State and Federal government
* Assigns, assists, and instructs all staff in the RAI Process, PPS
Medicare, Medicaid and clinical computer system in relation to
* Ensures timely submission of the MDSs to the State with proper
follow-up on validation errors. Maintains validation records.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Staff Development
* Special Activities/Attributes
Currently licensed as an LPN or RN in this state; RN preferred. CPR
Minimum of 2 years of nursing experience in a Skilled Nursing
Excellent knowledge of the Federal Medicare PPS process, and
Medicaid reimbursement, as required.
Knowledge of the OBRA regulations and Minimum Data Set.
Knowledge of the care planning process.
Demonstrated leadership ability.
Excellent communication (oral and written) and public relations
Excellent organizational skills with an acute attention to
Keywords: Solaris HealthCare, Lakeland , MDS Coordinator (RN) - Full Time with Benefits - Clinical Nurse Coordinator, Healthcare , Plant City, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!