Advanced Practice Registered Nurse - Part Time (APRN)
Company: Children's Home Society of Florida
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Since opening our doors in 1902, CHS became a part of Florida's
CHS has been committed to growing and evolving to provide the right
services and solutions to address the needs of children and
families throughout the changing times. Every day, our team works
with parents and kids to empower them and encourage them. With
innovative technology solutions and a dedicated, experienced team
throughout the state, we're changing the face of foster care and
positively impacting children and families' lives for generations
Join our team to continue to do good and create history serving
Florida's children and families!
The Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) provides health
assessments for well children including physical assessment and
developmental screening, assessment and management of selected
health alterations as specified by protocol or with direct
consultation with the physician, telephone management of health
alterations, and counseling regarding health promotion and illness
prevention. Overall, the APRN contributes to the CHS high
performance culture by exhibiting our values and providing quality
results that position CHS as the leader in delivering proactive
behavioral health, case management, community and early childhood
solutions for children and families.
WHY JOIN CHS?
* Uplifting mission-driven work culture
* Make an impact in your community and become a part of Florida's
* Growth and professional development opportunities
* Great benefits package, including generous paid time off and
Primary Job Functions
1. Provide health assessments for well children including physical
assessment and developmental screening, assessment and management
of selected health alterations as specified by protocol or with
direct consultation with the physician, telephone management of
health alterations, and counseling regarding health promotion and
* Review child abuse reports to determine those that meet the
criteria for medical review.
* Perform medical examinations and obtain relevant histories as
described by the Child Sexual Abuse Guidelines.
* Perform other diagnostic procedures as identified by the
* Diagnose diseases and infections relevant to child sexual abuse
and refer children for treatment.
* Perform photocoloscopy as described by the Child Sexual Abuse
* Photograph lesions and bruises.
* Prescribe medications according to established protocol.
* Counsel patients and families on preventative care, medical
problems, and how to use prescribed treatment, including drug
* Respond to all legal authorities as required in scope of
practice; provide depositions and court testimony as needed.
* Review medical records of referred children and pictures of
children not able to get timely medical exams to assess evidence of
* Provide one-on-one consultation with program staff as needed.
* Participate in weekly CPT meetings.
* Attend bi-annual meetings sponsored by the Department of Health,
Children's Medical Services for continuing education and quality
2. Contribute to a positive, engaging work environment.
* Develop a strong knowledge base and stay current on job-related
issues and trends.
* Participate actively in departmental meetings, training and
education, as well as the quality process.
* Comply with CHS's code of conduct, policies, procedures and other
* Assist with training other team members and providing back up
* Pick up projects on the fly; perform other duties as assigned
from time to time.
* Demonstrate the CHS Common Bond values in the performance of all
Education, Licenses & Certifications:
* Master's degree in Nursing from an accredited university,
* Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) Florida licensure,
* Florida Driver's License within 30 days from hire and daily
access to a reliable, insured vehicle, required.
* Three years of experience as a nurse practitioner in pediatrics
or family medicine, required.
* Experience working with children who have been the victims of
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Developmental and psychological aspects of children who have been
the victims of abuse
* Community resources - Legal aspects of child sexual abuse
Skills & proficiency in:
* Communication with children from diverse backgrounds
* Commit to providing high customer satisfaction with positive
service delivery results
* Be energetic, passionate and adaptable with a deep commitment to
social service, empathy for children and families and a positive
approach to embracing and managing change.
* Perform at a high level of autonomy, with general
* Perform under strong demands in fast-paced, diverse, sometimes
* Handle highly stressful, sensitive situations; maintain
confidentiality and professional boundaries.
* Meet critical deadlines, while maintaining attention to detail,
accuracy and quality
* Demonstrate the behav
Keywords: Children's Home Society of Florida, Lakeland , Advanced Practice Registered Nurse - Part Time (APRN), Healthcare , Sebring, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!