RN Admission (Polk, Hardee, Highlands)12p-10p
Company: Chapters Health Systems
Posted on: June 22, 2022
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what
they're doing! We're committed to bringing passion and customer
focus to the business. GENEROUS SIGN ON BONUSRole: The Admission RN
assesses patients in their place of residency or in hospitals and
initiates care into the services of Chapters Health System. Ensures
a seamless transition to Care Navigation and serves as an
ambassador of the Organization. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or related field or an equivalent
combination of education and experience
- Current Florida license as RN, current active single-state
out-of-state nurse license, or current active multistate/compact
- Minimum of two (2) years of RN experience in acute care,
hospice, home health care or other post-acute care
- Strong clinical assessment skills with preferred background in
emergency department or ICU
- Previous experience working with an EMR/EHR (Electronic
Medical/Health Record) system
- Ability to effectively communicate in English (verbal and
written); bi-lingual in Spanish preferred
- Ability to present services in a professional and articulate
- Mobile Driver - Valid driver's license and automobile insurance
per Company policy
- Reliable transportation to meet schedule
- Ability to work in a team environment and intervene
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and
effectively handle the emotional stress of the workload
- Ability to perform the essential functions and physical
requirements (including, but not limited to: lifting patients
and/or equipment, bending, pushing/pulling, kneeling) of the job
with or without reasonable accommodation
- Strong goal/outcome orientation with exceptional time
- Excellent customer service focus Competencies:
- Satisfactorily complete competency requirements for this
position Responsibilities of all employees:
- Represent the Company professionally at all times through care
delivered and/or services provided to all clients.
- Comply with all State, federal and local government
regulations, maintaining a strong position against fraud and
- Comply with Company policies, procedures and standard
- Observe the Company's health, safety and security
- Maintain the confidentiality of patients, families, colleagues
and other sensitive situations within the Company.
- Use resources in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Promote the Company through participation in community and
- Participate proactively in improving performance at the
organizational, departmental and individual levels.
- Improve own professional knowledge and skill level.
- Advance electronic media skills.
- Support Company research and educational activities.
- Share expertise with co-workers both formally and
- Participate in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement
activities as appropriate for the position. Job Responsibilities:
- Completes clinical admissions for all Company services
including, but not limited to:
- Explains services to potential patients/families and addresses
questions regarding patient fears, physical limitations, while
putting the patient/family at ease; presents services in an
empathetic and compassionate manner -
- Identifies admission objections, concerns or other entry
barriers and provides responses
- Educates patient/family on admission requirements and addresses
- Completes informed consents and initial assessment according to
regulations and Company policy
- Provides information to Physicians and initiates Plan of Care
to address patient's immediate needs
- Initiates skilled nursing interventions to prevent
complications, alleviate symptoms and maximize physical and
- Obtains Physician orders
- Completes documentation per Company policy
- Acts as the Company representative at assigned facilities while
facilitating referrals to all service lines; works closely with
referring hospitals, physicians, facilities, patients, families,
and the general public.
- Communicates frequently with Care Navigation staff to ensure
timely follow-up. - When assignment is complete, informs the Care
Navigation team and prepares for next assignment.
- Provides all necessary clinical communication timely using
- Discusses any potential needs with after-hours staff.
- Obtains consents for services and arranges safe discharge in an
efficient manner for referred and eligible patients while meeting
- Obtains medical record information for the referral.
- Develops strong relationships with case managers, physicians,
etc. at facilities.
- Works with Professional Relations Representatives (PRRs) to
provide education on all available services.
- Provides care for any GIP patients in a hospital including
daily visits, professional management, documentation and efficient
- Performs other duties as assigned. Physical Demands for Post
Offer/Pre-Placement (The demands described below are representative
of those that must be met by an individual to perform the essential
functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.):
While performing the duties of this job, the following abilities
are required: - see; hear; talk; walk; use hands to finger, handle
or feel. Frequently required to: - stand; sit; reach with
hands/arms; lift; bend; balance. Occasionally required to: - pull;
push; stoop/crouch; kneel; climb stairs.
Keywords: Chapters Health Systems, Lakeland , RN Admission (Polk, Hardee, Highlands)12p-10p, Healthcare , Lakeland, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!