Registered Nurse (RN)
Company: Spring Lake Rehabilitation Center
Location: Winter Haven
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionCritical Care Pay-Competitive Wages-Shift
Differential Position Overview Provides care to residents in
accordance with care plan as directed by physician's orders. Basic
Qualifications Education and Certification: RN degree (ASN minimum)
from an accredited college or nursing school; current RN licensure
within the state of practice; CPR certification required. Skills &
Requirements: Must possess the ability to read, write and speak the
English language; must be involved in health care matters and
projects with the community as needed; must have strong
communication and presentation skills in both group and individual
situations; must be patient, friendly, courteous and respectful to
residents in any situation, including difficult ones; must be able
to make independent decisions when necessary; must have the ability
to follow nursing department guidelines as outlined by the company
and other regulations governing nursing services in a long-term
care facility; must be able to move frequently throughout the
workday; must be able to lift 40 lbs floor to waist; lift 20 lbs
waist to shoulder; lift and carry 40 lbs; and push/pull 40 lbs.
Experience: Minimum one year nursing experience in a long-term care
or other health care setting; geriatrics experience preferred.
Working Conditions Primarily works in an office setting as well as
throughout the nursing department; bends, lifts, sits, stands and
moves frequently throughout the shift; deals with frequent
interruptions and possibly upset residents and family members;
works regularly scheduled shifts in addition to weekends and
holidays and other hours based on resident needs; primary
responsibility is service to the residents but also deals with
visitors, government personnel, etc.; participates in required
continuing education programs; subject to odors, falls, burns and
exposure to infectious diseases, waste, etc., including AIDS and
Hepatitis B viruses. Competencies of Position Professionalism and
Compassion: Reports to work on time and as scheduled; works in
unison with all staff; displays a willingness to help others;
embraces constructive criticism; presents a friendly and
professional attitude; displays genuine care and concern for the
residents and families; remains sensitive to the needs of the
residents; possesses the patience necessary to address questions
and concerns of the residents or families in a respectful manner.
Resident Rights: Promptly reports resident grievances to
supervisors; treats all resident care information with
confidentiality; continuously monitors assigned areas to ensure
residents are treated fairly and with dignity and respect at all
times. Organizational and Communication Skills: Ability to
multi-task and is detail-oriented; possesses the ability to
effectively prioritize matters promptly and appropriately;
understands the importance of follow-up; has the ability to assist
LPNs and CNAs in organizing daily tasks effectively; builds rapport
with residents and families through listening attentively and
effectively following up; able to effectively communicate
individually or as a group; must have the ability to communicate
effectively and respectively with CNAs, LPNs, physicians, families
and residents. Safety Awareness: Follows safety program guidelines;
immediately reports accidents and incidents to supervisors;
identifies unsafe working areas and promptly reports to
supervisors; promotes safety by working as safely and efficiently
as possible; consistently follows infection control and universal
precautions and other guidelines; identifies and corrects or
reports hazardous conditions to supervisors; understands facility
emergency and evacuation protocols.Customer Service: Treats all
residents, families, co-workers, inquiries, referral sources and
supervisors with dignity and respect and takes initiative to exceed
customer expectations; professionally represents the facility, self
and position to visitors and residents; shows genuine concern for
the residents; demonstrates a positive attitude and willingness to
help to all visitors and residents; remains sensitive to all needs
through listening, observing and responding appropriately for the
position held. Leadership Skills: Possesses an approachable
management style; ability to solve problems and treat each
situation fairly; is calming during a crisis situation; ability to
build positive relationships with employees and other managers;
ability to exercise sound judgment; enables and motivates staff and
provides on-going recognition and praise. Essential Job Duties
- Successfully delivers basic nursing care to residents under in
accordance with care plans as ordered by a physician.
- Conducts on-going assessments of residents to identify care
needs and makes needed revisions to the care plan based on changes
in resident condition.
- Documents interventions and resident or family education
efforts timely and accurately.
- Effectively meets all care needs of the residents through
timely completion of assigned duties.
- Responsible for a wide variety of nursing administrative
- Conducts rounds within the nursing department to ensure quality
care of residents.
- Accurately documents nursing care notes in resident charts in a
- Performs medication administration and IV duties in accordance
with the care plan as ordered by a physician.
- Monitors progress of the residents and makes suggestions
regarding treatment plans which may further meet their care
- Observes resident behavior, vital signs, symptoms, responses to
treatment and reports findings to nursing supervisors.
- Reports changes in resident conditions to the nursing
- Completes resident incident reports upon identifying changes in
the condition of residents.
- Monitors residents' skin to identify the risk of pressure sores
and promptly reports to the nursing supervisors.
- Places medication and refill orders with the resident
pharmacies as needed.
- Takes inventory of narcotics and monitors emergency kits.
- Monitors the emotional and physical conditions of the residents
to ensure comfort and safety.
- Performs shift change reports with the previous shift nurses
and ensures proper follow up.
- Understands and follows proper procedures for admission,
transfer and discharge of the residents.
- May assist in the recruitment, selection and orientation of
qualified team members for the Nursing Department.
- Provides expectations and monitors performance of specific
- Directs and develops LPNs and CNAs to ensure the delivery of
high quality care and services in accordance with all laws,
regulations and Company guidelines.
- Delegates assignments and provides overall supervision to LPNs
- Effectively communicates policies and procedures to LPNs, CNAs,
Restorative Aides, residents, families and physicians.
- Provides overall supervision for timely responses to call
lights; responds personally as needed.
- Assists in providing on-the-job training for new RNs, LPNs and
- Assists in promoting a team environment through effectively
communicating praise and recognition with the LPNs and CNAs.
- Monitors schedule adherence of staff for lunch and rest breaks,
beginning and ending of shifts and overtime.
- Monitors job performance of LPNs and CNAs and provides
correction as needed. Other Job Duties
- Monitors resident meal trays to ensure proper diet is being
- May participate in development and delivery of in-service
- Participates in facility and department orientation program for
- Assists with communicating new admissions with nursing staff to
ensure rooms are prepared for arrival.
- Provides direct nursing care as necessary.
- Promotes continuity of care through partnering with other
departments (i.e. Rehab).
- Participates in discharge planning process.
- Actively participates in state or federal survey
- May assist in performing safety in-services for nursing staff
regarding exposures to blood or body fluids, infection control,
- Assists in educating LPNs, RNs and CNAs on facility policies
regarding resident right to refuse treatments. We are an equal
opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without
regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Spring Lake Rehabilitation Center, Lakeland , Registered Nurse (RN), Healthcare , Winter Haven, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!