Non-Certified Medical Assistant - US-FL-Sebring - Hospital
Company: Advent Health Sebring
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Non-Certified Medical Assistant - US-FL-Sebring
DescriptionAll the benefits and perks you need for you and your
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Career Development
- Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
- Mental Health Resources and Support Our promise to you: Joining
AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It's about
belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each
person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit.
AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and
grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences
you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that
together we are even better. Schedule:--Full Time Location: 4200
SUN N LAKE BLVD, Sebring, 33872 The community you'll be caring for:
AdventHealth Sebring Wauchula Lake Placid The role you'll
contribute: Non-Certified Medical Assistant The Medical Assistant,
under the direction of the Office manager and/or Clinical
Supervisor, provides appropriate care to patients within the scope
of the Medical Practice Act. Assists in patient education.--
Assists physician during treatment and examination of patient and
administers procedures and treatments as ordered by the physician.
The value you'll bring to the team:
- Assists with rooming patients for appointments.-- Obtains
accurate temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure, height,
and weight.-- Documents correctly on progress note.
- Prepares patient for physical examination.-- Screens patients
for appropriate information.-- Instructs patients in collection of
samples and tests.
- Explains procedures and treatments to patients and when
necessary to significant others prior to implementation.
- Reviews patient charts to ensure that all test results and
correspondence are present prior to the physician seeing the
- Assists with the preparation of equipment and aids physician
during treatment, examination, and testing of patients.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance
with Florida Hospital Heartland Division policy and procedures and
nursing standards.-- Documents medications completely in the
patient's chart after they are given. Qualifications The expertise
and experiences you'll need to succeed: Minimum qualifications:
- Display a caring and professional attitude at all time as well
as maintaining personal and professional growth.
- Maintain the confidentiality of employees' and patients'
administrative and medical information, with no infractions.
- Requires the ability to verbally communicate clearly and
effectively with patients and co-workers.
- Demonstrates responsibility/knowledge about commonly used
- Utilizing Electronic Health Record
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- BLS (condition of employment) Preferred qualifications:--
- Graduate of a recognized Medical Assistant program
- One (1) year medical office experience
- CMA - Eligible after one (1) year working experience or one (1)
year after graduate from MA program
- American Association of Medical Assistants This facility is an
equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and
local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Keywords: Advent Health Sebring, Lakeland , Non-Certified Medical Assistant - US-FL-Sebring - Hospital, Healthcare , Sebring, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!